Working on a rather unique Xenogears project...

Rune Walsh

Quite some time ago, a few people on another board started a Xenogears voice-acting project which unfortunately never completely got off the ground (twas a sad day, indeed...). It was a shame since I recorded a few demos and was fully prepared, but oh well...such is life. Recently a friend and I have been brainstorming a rather unique Xenogears project. A re-telling of the story (well, the major events anyway) in song form; in general, an album. The style of music you ask? Hip-hop. Now, while this may shy the lot of you away, give it a chance first :-P

I'm almost done the first few of many tracks, and would like some feedback (whether it be positive, negative, or whatever). Now, keep in mind these are still demos, so they're far from perfect, but feel free to share your constructive criticism.

So, without further adu, here they go:

1. Intro

2. Prolugue

3. Crimson Blood

4. Seeker of Power

NOTES (in other words, let's get the obvious issues out of the way):

I. Yes, I know the intros are a bit long, but those and the tracks themselves will be seperated on the album itself

II. All voices were done by me, just thought I'd mention that icon_biggrin.gif

III. During the beginning of Crimson Blood there is a very noticeable mistake when I'm saying something...that will be fixed in the next demo

IV. Xenogears (NOT Xenosaga) rocks

V. I'm still tweaking the EQ for Grahf's voice so he can be heard better (during some parts of the beat his voice gets drowned out)

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP, Mr. Walsh! How the hell do you be so damn cool?! You're rap is really good yo. And the acting is pretty damn good, I think. Does nobody else out there think that this kicks ass? To be honest, the narration could probably be done better by someone else, but your acting of the voice of Fei is SO DAMN SWEET! I totally hope that some other people join you man.