Super Metroid - Lava Lamp [WIP]

DJ MacG

Kind of got bored and toyed around with some synths and got this little tidbit. It's nothing special, maybe something I'll try and finish if I can get any ideas.

Right now it's just sort of straight foward, I plan on changing it around but I came up with this in 15 minutes. The kick is weak, or atleast I think so. Any ideas on what I could do?

Link is here

I like the arrangement, tho not the sounds themselves as much.

Yeah, I'm going to mess around with them and see if I can get something better.

As for continuing it, I would put in the next section of the original arrangement, however rearranged you want to make it; along with a fast hihat. But that's me.

I plan on putting in the next part, but a fast hihat? I need to try that out.

My one main problem with making music, is the darn percussion. I can never make anything good and it always turns out repetitve. Like, nothing but a 4th kick the whole way through and stuff.

Any tutorials on how to make good percussion? Haha, doubt it :P

Yeah, I'm going to mess around with them and see if I can get something better.

I plan on putting in the next part, but a fast hihat? I need to try that out.

My one main problem with making music, is the darn percussion. I can never make anything good and it always turns out repetitve. Like, nothing but a 4th kick the whole way through and stuff.

Any tutorials on how to make good percussion? Haha, doubt it :P

I'm no expert at percussions myself either, but what I read in Zircon's compendium is that all you really have to do is put in a drum roll every 3-4 measure and maybe change the drums halfway through the song, just an idea anyways :D, hope it helps