Taiko drummin'

dannthr

Heheh, sorry guys, I should have been clearer--the library is new out... it came out like... a couple of weeks ago or something.

It's made by a couple of people in my Guild so I got to hear about it before hand, which is neat.

http://www.tsaikodrums.com/

It's produced by a guy named Sean Beeson--I remember his name because like... last year he released a free music pack for indy game devers on gamedev.net.

Personally, I love taiko drums and most taiko drum libraries are kind of lame--like they're all very THUNDEROUS for Zimmer-ish soundtracks, which is fine for some people--and Tsaiko can do that too, but I wanted something like what I always thought of as taiko music, which is you know... the more natural sounding concert style, like Joji Hirota or Pete Lockett.

I got to do a user demo for a new sample library called Tsaiko Drums and I wanted to do something that had the feel of a good ol' fashioned taiko drum concert as an homage to my favorite taikoist, Joji Hirota (so it's definitely ala his style):

Lifestream (1:22)

Any comments or crits are appreciated!

Just checked it out. Nice piece. It would be awesome to see a video of yourself programming this drumming. The samples sound nice, but the programming is top.