Zelda - Dark World ReMix

Robotaki

Hey guys!

Had a bit of computer trouble recently and lost a few files, but luckily not my Decision Bell one (would've cried if I did lmfao) But with all that hell passing over, I've decided to try something new that's not orchestral. Hey, maybe a bit of senseless lo-fi'ish thumping for your head? I'm a total nub at this sorta stuff and I just put what sounds nice, so all comments appreciated. I don't think I intend on submitting this or anything. o.O almost forgot, don't mind the intro...my brother -_-"

I'm aware there's a bit of compression issues and stuff, but I'll get to those asap.

Thanks everyone!

Zelda - Dark World

Finaaaaal Countdooooooowwwwwn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG save me...

Oh my god please change that haha. An intro of that nature is def a cool idea but not exactly like Final Countdown. I def like alot of these ideas you got going on. Very solid stuff. IMO there are passages without any melody whatsoever for long streches. If you are going lo-fi you def need a strong melody, bc something has to carry the song. Take a listen to AeroZ's mixes for example.

Also the transitions from section to section are nice but what about the big picture!? As a listener I tend to loose a grasp on this song is going and where it is going. It is def fun to listen to though.

Lots of creative ideas you've really been improving over the past year.

ahhhh avaris =P can always expect to get helpful comments from you. I'll try and develop or mold the dark world main theme into the early sections. hopefully that will tie sections together to be a little more coherent. haha don't worry about the beginning, I DEFINITELY plan to take it out. lolz, jokes. thanks a lot! =)

i like where you are going with this song (nothing like a good techno mix :-P) but i i found, that there wasn't much of a main theme that i could hear, just a lot of techno (well done techno, but just missing the main theme), if that makes any sense :|. sorry i can't offer more technical advice (just an average listener), but you got something here, can't wait to hear more

You could put in the main theme at 1:05, at 1:34, 1:49, 2:05 (which is reminiscent of a section of Green Brinstar from Super Metroid); any of those places would work. 1:05 even sounds like the theme was there, for a note or so. The only place I recognize anything from the Darkworld music is at 0:36-1:05, so it does need the theme.

This isn't the kind of techno I enjoy, it's a little too noisy and cluttered with notes. It's also mostly in the high frequencies, and while it doesn't sound bad, I'd like to hear something filling up the mid range as well. The cutoff section at around 2:30 is really enjoyable, as the sharpest stuff is cut. I think you could leave it at the level it was at about 2:40, it's just easier to listen to. That's all personal preference, though.

I like this. A little too much in the high range and not having much recognizeable in it, but even so, it's listenable and enjoyable.

But lose the Final Countdown part. Really.

But lose the Final Countdown part. Really.

Yeah.. that's just the kind of problem I have.

Otherwise I think you found it pretty well.. Just get the Theme more in some extra ( Im not a good person to ask about sticking to the theme btw ;) ).

The intro beats after the Final-stuff rocks my ears. And the theme and the bass aswell.

Go expand the whole shit and make it Phatter than evva!

gj

Haha, yeah seriously, I'm gonna kill my bro for fitting that thing into there. Problem is I was sorta "egh" on it so partially my fault I didn't stop his "impulsive creative" sorta flow. But yeah, that's on the top of my lsit to change. Ermm, higher frequencies I understand. I pushed up the higher frequencies in the Master FX Channel thinking that it needed a little mroe definition, but I could have gone overboard. I'll see what more people think, and if the general consensus is that it is too edgy then I'll change it. Thanks a bunch guys!

• 4 weeks later...

LMAO, final countdown intro.

What I really enjoy about this mix (apart from final countdown intro) is that it sounds like a real club song (with a retro game twist). This is definitely something my friends would dance to.

About the main theme, I think it could come in at 2:47 or something.

The high end is a bit sharp and could potentially be a bit hurtful on the ears playing at great volume, so I would recommend tweaking that a bit.

Anyways, great job, and I will def keep track on the development of this track.

hahaha dude. i have to give you major props for that intro. do you watch arrested development? that song will always be tied in my memories with Gob b/c of that show. love it.

and the rest of the song that is actually your creation is dang good too. ultra super mega badass catchy. love it whent that dance filtered bass thingy comes in. it's so hawt. i'm so wet.

this is one of the best ocr wips i have heard. finish her up!

• 3 weeks later...

hey thanks a lot for the comments so far guys! just an update on how it's going....I'm having a bit of trouble trying to create variation in terms of harmonies with this piece right now. you guys have any ideas? I don't want to keep repeating the same I-III-IV progression over and over again. it'll get real bland. >.<