Convert MOD, NSF, SPC to MIDI?

SweTiger

MOD is a tracker format. There's probably a tracker app out there that can convert and/or export to MIDI. Learn more about MODs and trackers at Modarchive.

There's mod players, and then there's trackers. Trackers are sequencers for mod and related formats (such as s3m, xm, it). I don't know how it is on the windows side, but the OS X tracker I've got has a number of export functions. Don't remember if MIDI is one of them, tho. A tracker is your best bet for converting mod to midi.

Thanks for all your answers guys! :smile:

I tried the modplug tracker and exported as midi. The result sounds terrible :razz: but it gave me the notes for the main riff of the song and some pad chords, when importing to Fl Studio.

The reslut gets pretty much the same with nsf2midi, spc2midi. But with the spc2midi i dont get any channels with notes when importing to FL Studio. Just one channel called "Converted" with nothing in it :-(

Hmm...

discovered another thing now. The converted nsf files, sounds awful when playing in Winamp, but now when I play them in Mediaplayer it sounds great and very accurate!!! :-o

This isn´t the case with the converted spc files, they sounds awful in both players and can´t be open in my sequenser. So thumbs upp for nsf2midi, and thumbs down for spc2midi!