OCR00814 - Final Fantasy IX "dubnofantasyaloneman"

Ginnsu

I really like what was done to the melody in this one, and some of the samples are a little dated (lead violin specifically), but overall it really holds up well. Some of the new rhythms are really well-utilized, and when I think of "ReMix", this is more often than not what I like to hear, though this one might get a little too liberal in some spots, it's definitely a great song. Good stuff. :-)

• 2 years later...

I listened to this a little while ago, and I guess I was unsure then of whether I liked or not since I decided not to comment on it here. But upon listening to it again today, I LOVE it. I love the source track; it's one of my favorites from Nobuo Uematsu and djpretzel really shows off his talent here.

In this instance, I felt the piece could potentially lend itself to a really fun offbeat-heavy reggae/dub feel, and since those are genres I don't have a lot of experience with, I decided to give it a shot.

I wish I had his boldness to take on a genre that I don't have a lot of experience in, and make it sound awesome. Nice work :nicework:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00814 - Final Fantasy IX "dubnofantasyaloneman"