Halo 3

atmuh

Beat it yesterday

Played the first level with 2 other friends on legendary and found it WAY to easy

So I played from level 2 on by myself and it was a great experience I think I did it in like 9-10 hours

Although everyone likes the ending I have to say I really wasn't a big fan of it

And yeah the story was a little confusing but I think I basically got it all

Spent both friday and saturday hangin' at my friends house playing this. Fun game, really fun. I'm not that good though. :| We played some co-op on legendary for awhile. I died alot, but I was screwing around alot. We also played for several hours on X-Box Live, and played decently.

The needler is alot more powerful this time around... wow, good thing you cant dual wield it. I also really liked the brute shot... those two extra rounds are nice.

Anyways, good game. I want a 360 now.

Also, that elephant thing on the sandtrap map is AWESOME, even though it is totally slow and useless. Star Wars sandcrawler influence, a little? Haha.

I think the Needler is almost too powerful now. It tracks enemy automatically (even doing crazy 180 twists at times), it sticks onto the enemy AND it blows them up. I don't think it's grenade-power, but it almost always kills enemies, even the big brutes.

And I thought Shotgun sniping was abused already in Metal Gear Online? That was so annoying. It doesn't make any sense to snipe someone with it..

I am so fucking tired of shotty snipers. Jesus christ.

a-fucking-men. i can't STAND playing that anymore. my entire team will always veto and pray someone on the other team does too. attacking an elephant is 100x more fun with a hornet, though i do love racing the mongooses!

to above post: shotty snipers is a game type where you have shotguns and snipers for starting (and only) weapons, you can't actually snipe someone with the shotgun. in fact you can't seem to hit someone if they're more than about 20 feet away with it.

a-fucking-men. i can't STAND playing that anymore. my entire team will always veto and pray someone on the other team does too. attacking an elephant is 100x more fun with a hornet, though i do love racing the mongooses!

to above post: shotty snipers is a game type where you have shotguns and snipers for starting (and only) weapons, you can't actually snipe someone with the shotgun. in fact you can't seem to hit someone if they're more than about 20 feet away with it.

I'll agree, tho I find oddball to be probably the most fun I have had online in a awhile.

That is another really fun gameset. Hammerzeist was pretty cool, although I haven't played it much so it might be one that wears its time on you. I hope they release some MLG sets, cause I still hate starting out with the assault rifle.

I actually prefer the assault rifle over the smg, perhaps thats just me.

So I Found out about the cut scene after the credits

I don't know Why I was so stupid not to watch that

that makes the ending way cooler.

I unno I Know it was short but I think I liked this campaign better then the other two

it was perfect difficulty on legendary that it was challenging but definetly do able

h3sig.jpg

I am actually impressed with the game as a whole.

I've beaten it three times, and I am now working on legendary (solo, no live yet). But the fixes they made are very welcome.

Granted, I wish they would have hidden the skulls better. They ranged from dumb easy, to retarded hard (IWHBYD skull).

It took a lot of elements from the first halo, and put them back; which I liked.

I know, how many people play halo for the story?

Honestly, I was more excited for the story than the multi-player.

Speaking of which; What through the credits. You won't be sorry.

Played about half the campaign at a friend's house the other day, and I have to say it's certainly the most fun of the series.

The only thing that disappointed me was the music. It's good, but seemed really ambient compared to the OSTs from the last two. The only track I heard that really did it for me was the violin version of 'Perilous Journey' from the Halo 1 OST. But oh well, I only played half the game, so maybe it gets better from there.

Speaking of which, does anyone know anything about a release date (or something like that) for the Halo 3 OST?

Played about half the campaign at a friend's house the other day, and I have to say it's certainly the most fun of the series.

The only thing that disappointed me was the music. It's good, but seemed really ambient compared to the OSTs from the last two. The only track I heard that really did it for me was the violin version of 'Perilous Journey' from the Halo 1 OST. But oh well, I only played half the game, so maybe it gets better from there.

Speaking of which, does anyone know anything about a release date (or something like that) for the Halo 3 OST?

Just something interesting I noticed - the IGN review said Halo 3 had the best OST of any video game ever. That's pretty intense. I'm sure I'll disagree.

Oh you will. In terms of production values(of which I know nothing about), it might be ubertacular, but the greatest soundtrack ever? Not by a long shot.

At any rate, I finally saw the after credits ending on legendary(and thus the secret bit), and while I liked the closure, the secret bit had me and my friend going WTF. Someone PM me giving me some kind of lowdown please.

Halo 3 has an awesome soundtrack. But it doesn't come close to that of Oblivion's.

Oblivion had a decent soundtrack. A couple of pieces were nice but it felt sorta bland and generic. I do, however, like the opener for that game. Truly awesome.

Edit: Does anyone know the exact requirements to find all of the terminals in Halo 3? Do you have to read all of the text or no?

I just beat Halo 3. I don't get why this game gets so much hate. I guess it's because people hate that it's so popular when it really shouldn't be. I don't think this game is the most amazing thing I've played or anything, but I did enjoy playing it. Halo 3 was definitely hard at times too. Some parts I had to play many, many times because of how much trouble I had with a certain part. I went straight in playing on Heroic, so maybe that's why. Overall, it was a fun gaming experience, and my friend and I have a blast playing it online.

I never played Halo 1 or 2, so this is my first Halo experience.

I also dig the soundtrack.