Halo 3

atmuh

I just beat Halo 3. I don't get why this game gets so much hate.

It's not. At least not by people who actually own a 360, actually bought the game and played it online. It's by far the most fleshed out console FPS game ever made. I thought that title belonged to Perfect Dark before (the co-op for that game was legendary, literally), but Halo 3 outdid all console FPS and even trumps a few FPS games just on the sheer atmosphere of the game alone. The online co-op can probably be played forever and I won't get tired of it as long as the co-op partners remain interesting.

That and aside from the few gripes, most of the media gave it rave reviews.

It's not. At least not by people who actually own a 360, actually bought the game and played it online. It's by far the most fleshed out console FPS game ever made. I thought that title belonged to Perfect Dark before (the co-op for that game was legendary, literally), but Halo 3 outdid all console FPS and even trumps a few FPS games just on the sheer atmosphere of the game alone. The online co-op can probably be played forever and I won't get tired of it as long as the co-op partners remain interesting.

That and aside from the few gripes, most of the media gave it rave reviews.

Well, there was that whole screen resolution thing that people were like OMG THIS LOLOLOL HALO 3 SUCKS HAHAHA. People are trying to find the smallest, dumbest things to bash the game about.

My friends hate the Meta game. Their all a bunch of pansies. I like to charge in Rambo style when I'm on campaign but apparently I'm "stealing" all of their kills. I Thought that was the cool aspect about Free-for-all Campaign scoring but apparently not.

I found all the skulls and beat it on Legendary with 2 friends. I still haven't gotten the achievement for getting all the marathon terminals though I know I've found them all. I also enjoyed the OST a shit-ton. I hope they release an actual soundtrack soon ( i think it was mentioned on the bungie podcast awhile back). It's awesome that Marty Mcdonald (the composer? i dunno the halo music guy) wrote the Flintstones Vitamin jingle.

His name is Marty o Donnell actually, I was rereading my post and noticed it.

So does anyone think the Peter Jackson Halo game that bungie is working on will be on 360 only? Time wise I'm thinking by the time that rolls around Microsoft may have announced the next Xbox. I'm assuming Gears 2 will be the big first party game for next year and maybe the Peter Jackson game the year after?(2009).

I'm not sure if you where addressing what I said earlier but I'm assuming you are. If not I guess don't pay attention to this post. Anyway, I never really said Halo wasn't fun or not a good game. I just think its over-rated. They really are very fun and very good games. Everything about them including Halo 3 screams great game. But I just the think the hype and praise is way too much. What you described in your post can also happen in games like Unreal 2004 for example. But yet Unreal 2004 doesn't get that same kind of recognition. Basically Halo is over-rated because people claim it to be the "best game ever made" or "the definition of what gaming is" or like some even go as far as saying "The best damn thing to ever grace this planet". That is just too much for me.

Anyway, sorry about this small rant guys. I know you just want to talk about the game and enjoy it so I'm sorry if I disrupted that for you guys. I just can't help expressing my opinion sometimes. Agian sorry about that.

See your talking about a PC game though, which is another thing to keep in mnd, on consoles you had Goldeneye as the first shooter worth paying attention to. And then.... nothing. Halo was the modernized goldeneye for consoles.

Granted, people talk half life 1 and 2 up and down and I couldnt Effin stand either game. Do I think Halo is the best series out there? No, in fact, I dont even like shooters much to begin with. ALthough it bothers me a little (not saying you do this this isnt aimed at you) When people hate something just because its hyped or mainstream.

See your talking about a PC game though, which is another thing to keep in mnd, on consoles you had Goldeneye as the first shooter worth paying attention to. And then.... nothing. Halo was the modernized goldeneye for consoles.

You had Perfect Dark in between Goldeneye and Halo and maybe timesplitters though that was pretty crap but it did have the dual analog (didn't it?).

I'm still off-line, but I have been loving playing campaign.

I am halfway through legendary solo.

Do you still get achievements if you beat it co-op?

If so, that kinda sucks.

Yeah you get the achievments. That being said that is how I got the achievments. I am not the best FPS player in the world (by all accounts I like Arcade games better than the console ones). I tired to play it on legendary but I just couldn't beat it. So I called in help. ^___^

His name is Marty o Donnell actually, I was rereading my post and noticed it.

So does anyone think the Peter Jackson Halo game that bungie is working on will be on 360 only? Time wise I'm thinking by the time that rolls around Microsoft may have announced the next Xbox. I'm assuming Gears 2 will be the big first party game for next year and maybe the Peter Jackson game the year after?(2009).

I thought Microsoft stilled owned a peice of the Halo copyright.

EDIT: ooohhhhhhh, I ttoally misread that thing I quoted.