OCR00815 - Rockman & Forte "Hyperrock Fortissimo"

Disco Dan

I liked it. Not my favorite mix, to be honest, but, I found it as a pleasing surprise. Not too far a cry from the original song, which is a good thing, however, I felt that it was far too heavy on the synthesizer. Use some instruments.

• 2 months later...

This song is very VERY fast and its very VERY cool. The best techno I have heard in awhile. I like this song, its a very fast-paced song, and it keeps to the original but somehow surpasses it by alot.

A permanent on my list now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'll admit it's a been a while since I played this game, so it took me a bit to recognize the theme, but, I enjoyed it anyway. Fun to listen to.

Oh, and to the Djpretzel, note that the game has since been released for the GBA as "Megaman and Base." Just thought I'd put that out there.

I apologize for any perceived rudeness.

• 6 months later...

The Museum Stage BGM from Rockman & Forte is a personal favorite.

As a matter of fact, I'm right in the middle of remixing it too...

Yet, I can't believe that to this day, this is the only remix from that game on OCR. :shock:

Anyway, nice introduction, I was unsuspecting till the beat started.

This arrangement is very true to the source, in the way that it follows the original melodic structure faithfully.

Yet the new textures and melodies add a lot to the mix.

I like how the new material blends-in at 2:45.

The arrangement enhances the song with faster tempo and punchy drum/synth sequence combo...

Its like a musical powerup when you think about it. ;-)

Somehow, it sounds more like some of the recent work on the serie, namely Rockman Exe or Rockman Zero.

All things considered, this is pretty decent remix, and I liked it.

• 6 months later...

Kind've typical treatment of a megaman track with the 4 on the floor and synths - but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing. Aureolius changes things up nicely with the added Breaks at 1:03 and switchup of the melody. Generally, things come out clearly production-wise and there's enough different elements in the synths and backing pieces to keep things interesting. Good stuff here, worth checking out.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00815 - Rockman & Forte "Hyperrock Fortissimo"