JAMSpace at MAGFest 6 (Organizational Thread)

Escariot

I'm really excited. I may throw together some a cappella arrangements on the spot or something, but don't hold me to it. It was fucking awesome jamming with you all last year- this year is shaping up to be even better, at least in terms of organization.

:<

Mhmm... Already have one in progress..

• 4 weeks later...
arrangement originally written for big band but can be adapted for other groups, as i thought was implied by my privious post where i said what was absolutely necessary.

What you wrote is still kinda big. In my mind, "big" constitutes anything larger than three or four people. What is the likelihood that people who happen to play those instruments will manage to bring them AND be interested in the Jamspace AND be able to play the music well?

Trying to keep up the steam Noah. This should be badass.

As for what to play, I think with two djimbes and a set of bongos as the only drums, I think we should collab on a treatment of Jungle Brinstar from Super Metroid. I'm already trying to convince my band to play this, but it would probably be better suited to us OCers anyway.

Toejam and Fucking Earl

We are jamming on that theme. I don't give a damn what anybody else says, we're jamming on it.

I can feel that. One of my favorite tracks off of Best of SEGA. I can do a pretty impression of the ol' Big Earl as well.

Still, my suggestion stands. I desperately want to do a synth/latin jazz/rock version of Jungle Brinstar. If you search your feelings, Tauce, you'll find you do as well.

Send me an MP3 so I can get the feel

Toejam and Fucking Earl

EDIT: link fixed

I can feel that. One of my favorite tracks off of Best of SEGA. I can do a pretty impression of the ol' Big Earl as well.

Still, my suggestion stands. I desperately want to do a synth/latin jazz/rock version of Jungle Brinstar. If you search your feelings, Tauce, you'll find you do as well.

Got a link?

• 2 weeks later...

Recording is going to be happening at JamSpace, so I wanted to just give a little information here for those of you who may be interested.

We have:

A Linux Desktop, 1GHz AMD Athlon, with Ardour and Audacity.

We'll basically be recording the whole time, BUT

We will probably also set up some actual recording sessions, SO:

If anybody is interested in recording, and would rather supply some other software than what we have available, let one of us know so that we can be in touch, and get it set up prior to the session!