What video game brought you here?

MechaFone

I think this was some time after I heard about the Black Mages, and went on a frenzy to download as many of their "remixes" of well-known songs when my filesharing program returned my search for "Jenova" with " Jenova for Piano" and " Jenova Trance remix" both with an added OCremix.org tag at the end. The rest of this story is pretty obvious I guess. =P

Final Fantasy 7. The funny thing is, I hadn't ever played it, but a friend gave me the MIDI rip of 'Those Who Fight Further', which quickly became one of my favorite songs. From there, I found myself a MIDI rip of the entire game (which I still have), and enjoyed that for a while. Later, I was browsing SingingFish (R.I.P.), and came up with a song from OCRemix - I don't remember which.

And here I am.

Star Fox. A friend of mine had The Wingless's mix "Godspeed", after it first was posted here....

The rest is as they say, history.

WHoa.. dude, that one kicked ass!.. What I found on the internet was Saiko's Crying Mountain mix... searching chrono trigger stuff on the internet .

To tell the truth, I must be quite thankful to snes emulation :roll:

(BTW.. Where the hell is Saiko rite now?)

It was definitely Secret of the Mana... I'd heard a remix of it one of the songs (which I haven't been able to find again), with the OCR link attached in the name, and so I came to the site, got hooked, lurked for the music, and now I'm back to try contribute something of my own that doesn't suck too bad!

Two of them really stand out.

The first was Golden Sun, which at the time I started lurking around OCRemix was my favorite video game since the days of the Genesis. Unfortunately, they didn't have any GS OCRemixes at the time I first got here, but it wasn't long before one appeared, and it was a remix of my favorite tune from the game anyway.

The second was Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which... well, that's pretty obvious. There was a lot to pick from in the Sonic series, which got me to look at Mega Man, which got me to look at Final Fantasy and especially Chrono Trigger... and really, that's how I got cemented in.

in all honesty kazaa was what brought me here. I had been looking for Final Fantasy music to put on a cd and I found this super bad ass arrangement of tera's theme. I looked at the source and it had the website's url, so I cam here and have been here ever since (my first account was back in the 90's but I forgot the info and made a new one)