What video game brought you here?

MechaFone

There really wasn't any specific game that brought me here. In another forum I'm a member of there was a topic about game music.

But before that I believe the first remix I ever DL'ed that came from this place was actually from one of those file sharing dealies. It may have been Sonic 3 Sonik Azure.... by analoq (?).

Guile's Theme (RAH Mix) by Rayza (btw where is that guy these days???) was the first ever mix I heard courtesy of my friend's CD I borrowed. I must mention this to ya'all, amid the VotL fraud that recently occured. What happened was that my mate even went so far and claimed that he was the one who remixed it. I believed him for a while too... til I entered this very site. How wrong was I! As we say in England: 'What A fuckin cunt'...

I think it was Final Fantasy IV or VI that brought me here originaly - after searching on the web for music from them several years ago. Too bad I lurked for a long time before joining up.

Among the first remixes I downloaded: DJP's Mute Radiology, Adventure is in the air by EmptyMy, & Bloody Hell by Ailsean and Kaijin.

Guile's Theme (RAH Mix) by Rayza (btw where is that guy these days???)

Well, he just had this remix posted a couple weeks ago.

Aw, I always liked that one too. Didn't realize it was gone.

But as I always say whenever this topic comes up, the first remix I listened to here was Blue Lightning, a Mega Man 3 mix by Disco Dan. Someone played it for me, and a quick google later led me here. This was back when the remix was new, though - it was much later that I actually joined the forums.

After what seems like years lost to the ether, I can only imagine I found my way here after hearing Scott Peeples' Another Inspiration remix for Chrono Cross (probably got it off one of the many P2P programs of the day when searching for Chrono Cross music). I believe I registered here sometime later (not sure how long after discovering the site that was) to participate in a writing competition.

I have since frequently visited the site and listened to all the new submissions that have been approved since then with hopes of one day submitting my own, but free time and technical skill (one music theory class to my name) are not on my side for such an endeavor.

Bumping for the sake of seeing my new sig in action. Also, I'd really like to hear some Okami presentations. The music in that game is absolutely awesome. Mix in a little Mario, and Woo Hee! What a mix that would be. Freakin' sweet, I tell ya.

...y'know, if you look at it the right way, it kinda looks like Mario is setting Amaterasu on fire...

Gaming since 1992 (Age 6)

Watched cousin play Harvest Moon (SNES) at age 11, finding and playing this mysterious game became my motivation, since that day, I was a gamer, through and through.

Age 13, I just got Christmas gift money, $50, I was the king of the world... We went to spend it, but my brother had priority choice of the first place we'd go, so, we went to Toys r' Us, I reluctantly went with them (I thought I was too old...u_u;)... It was there, and only there, that I have ever seen a copy of Harvest Moon 64, which had that all-too-familiar sign logo that the SNES version had. I knew this was for N64 and that was for SNES, but I HAD to buy it, even IF it was $40, and I would only have $50 once a year... So this was an incredibly strange and risky choice for me, who was normally very cautious. But this ended up being a godsend, since this, as I said before, is the only time I have ever seen a real copy of the game, AND that HM64 is supposedly the best game of the series (I agree).

Age 17, I found vgmusic.com... This was a dream come true, as I could listen to songs I once played to in the past (NES was sold, much to my dismay, because 'We have a Nintendo 64, why would we keep the older Nintendo?'). I was overjoyed with the amazing MIDIs... what a gift!

Age 17 (and a half), I came across LegendaryFrog's FFVII RoboVoice flash video, he linked to this site, but ended looking for only one thing: Harvest Moon and Quest 64 remixes (Yes, I liked and still like Quest 64, in fact, I have one of the longest running topic series on GameFAQs on that board, just recently passing it's 5th year anniversary)... Neither, sadly, was to be found, so I left the site and didn't look back.

Age 18, I was linked to this site by a friend who thought I should listen to one of the songs here (I forget which one), and found it quite good, THEN realizing that this was the site I abandoned, I sort of got mad at myself for being so stupid. I never left since then.

IOW (Note that ages and dates may not be perfect, I didn't keep notes on this):

1992: Gaming

1997: Gamer

2000: Harvest Moon fan

2004: VGMusic.com

2004(later): OCRemix.org, but didn't have Harvest Moon or Quest 64 remixes, I leave.

2005: OCRemix.org, I see the light, I worship.