What video game brought you here?

MechaFone

Wow, what a story! Awesome timeline there, somecrazyguy.

Thanks. Originally, I was going to just put a basic timeline and a header of 'I don't feel like storytelling right now, so here's the basic gist of it'... Before I knew it, that's what I ended up with, and just as a smack in the face, I just now realized the the timeline I put at the end of the post was pretty much what I was going to do in the first place.

Nostalgia does things to you. n_n;

• 3 years later...

Seeing as I was SNES generation, I had really strong memories of Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World and Megaman X (I love that game so freakin' much.)

Nowadays I pretty much play anything old or new (Not a big of FPS's who-ever, I'm a total RPG whore :-P). I've recently been sinking my teeth into Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game and Castelvania: Harmony of Dissonance and Symphony of the Night, as well as other random games.

The first mix I listened to was completely by accident. It was Jared Hudson's FFX mix, 'The Final Summoning'. And since first coming to the site, the mixes I downloaded were a few of Sixto's song (Don't quite remember which ones though -_-'...). From there I expanded to most of the metal artists on the site (Snappleman, Alisean, etc.) before my tastes 'matured' and expanded to more awesomeness via AnSo, Mazedude, Zircon and even towards bLiND, which I find sort of funny because I generally hate most mainstream techno, trance, house and blahdey, blahdey blah... (Love you bLiNd! :)!!).

I'm thankful everyday for discovering this site, to DJP for creating it, the awesome mixers who put a lot of time and a shitload of effort into their mixes for others to enjoy (as well fueling my own desire to start making remixes of my own), and the forumites/community who make this place even more so to be one of the most awesome sites to be around.

Good lord, I started out with my favorite games, and I end up writing a giant post. Hope it isn't to much Mecha!

I actually wasn't looking for music when I found this site. Back around the time when Smash Bros Melee came out, I heard the hidden F-Zero stage music(Mach Rider's theme). Was searching it and got a result called Mach Schnell. I was a bit confused at first. I was wondering if this was one of those sites that had game music up for download, tried it out, and realized how awesome this concept was. This was some time in 02 I think. Downloaded a few songs, and enjoyed them and didn't stop by again for a good while.

Remembered the site late in 03, would check in now and then to download new stuff. Eventually realized there were forums here.

Made an account in 05, and now stop by regularly. Every now and then I even post.

So yeah, Mach Rider is the reason I am here today.

Well the first time I was introduced to some of the remixes was the Sonic 3 & Knuckles album when my friend played it on a car trip a few years ago. There was a lot of "I remember that level!"s. He told me about the site and I didn't think anything of it until the month after where I randomly decided to check this place out. I was looking for any childhood games ranging from Zelda to Sonic to Final Fantasy to F-Zero. I didn't come back regularly til about late 2009 where I started listening to them even if I hadn't played the game.

So... probably Sonic brought me here? Depends on what you consider "brought me here" Sonic introduced it but it was probably Zelda and Final Fantasy that kept me.

Wolt->Smash Bros->Super Metroid->vgm remixes->OCR

Basically. Tho the music of Monkey Island and some other games got ingrained in me long before any of the above. I had a 15 years or so break from the music from some version of Zool, and the music kept popping up from time to time until I decided to dig up the track. But Super Metroid got me into vgm remixes, which led me to vgmix and then here.

KIRRRRBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Oh man, my early high-school self adored Kirby.

That can't be right, your first posted mix wasn't kirby, you can't have a game you die for and find ocr over, and not have it as your first mix post. IN FACT, you have NO kirby mixes on the site. I call LIES, even with your avatar :P

As for me... links awakening :P

I want to say the reason I was lead here was a Sailor Moon remix, perhaps from the SNES rpg. I don't see it on the site anymore. I joined almost immediately after I discovered this place. I mostly lurk and barely listen to game music or music at all these days.

That can't be right, your first posted mix wasn't kirby, you can't have a game you die for and find ocr over, and not have it as your first mix post. IN FACT, you have NO kirby mixes on the site. I call LIES, even with your avatar :P

I just downloaded stuff and lurked and stuff. Then I grew up.

I remixed Pokémon. The shining example of maturity.

I met Level 99 when he turned up in my forums claiming he was directing an OCR NiGHTS into Dreams album. Since i'm co-admin of the NiGHTS community i wanted to help out the NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming project in whatever way i could so that's technically what brought me here.

Well, that's what made me become active anyway.

If we're talking about coming to the actual site and listening to the music then that would be me a few years earlier, around 2005. I came here listening to DCT's 'Memories Frozen in Time' as well as The Bronx Rican's 'Unknown from the M.C' so i guess we could say it was a mixture of Sonic the Hedgehog and NiGHTS into Dreams that brought me here.

I was looking for Super Mario Bros. remixes on Napster back in 2002, and one of the search results was Estradasphere's Super Mario Bros. 2 arrangement SuperBuckJazz. I noticed that this website was listed as the author/album, so I checked it out and was a member ever since. It actually still holds as my favorite remix today =)

I threw "Kirby" into a Napster search one day, looking for Kirby Adventure original music. I happened to download Sgt Rama's Green Greens(ContagiousEyeInfection) which he credits to Superstar, but Green Greens in Green Greens. I was on a nigh insane quest to find where it came from, and happened to find this site.

It wasn't a video game, more a video game site. I used to browse VGMusic back in the day when I used to listen to midis, and I found a link to this site. Came here, scrolled down to "P" and was astonished when there weren't any Pokemon remixes. Listened to a few Sonic reMixes and became a fan.

But I guess you could say Pokemon bought me here, since Pokemon bought me to VGMusic and VGMusic bought me to OCR.