OCR00817 - Castlevania II "Simon's Town"

Disco Dan

Castlevania II 'Simon's Town'

8O

Er...

I'm trying to decide if there's anything I DON'T like about this mix. Maybe the overlap of the reverb in places where it seems to bleed too much, but other than that, I'm not sure I can give this anything but praise. I loved the stringed intro, the beat used, the sounds chosen for the lead, and um, yeah anything else I didn't mention. The only other thing I'd have to say is that I have this lingering doubt that this isn't really AE after all....

DC

Ok. I love the theme, love the game, but I don't love techno. This theme seems to be a very popular to cover with techno, and I was skeptical about this remix. Still, it's fun, it's done well, and I think it does the theme justice. There's lots of variation and cool effects, which is always important, and the strings are a nice addition (even if they seem a bit out of place).

I'm working on a remix of this theme myself, so I was a bit nervous when I saw this one. Mine's a different style, though...and it probably won't be nearly as good.

Anyway, some good stuff, especially for those of you who love the techno stuff like DiscoDan. He works in mysterious ways...

Okay folks, thanks for the positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed my remix...but the main reason i am posting on my own review forum is to squash any suspicions of AE and myself be a single entity. Not that it even matters, giving I am recreating someone else creation, and I view remixing as practice. I just dont want these suspicions to affect the quality of the reviews I get in the future, given, your reviews are a source from me to learn from. Anyway, sorry to interupt, you can all get back to reviewing my remix now....HAHA....

Its Digimatic....not DigimAEtic

Holy Crap!! OMG! Simons quest was one of my favorite game on the Nes. I wasn't sure what song this remix was on, but when I head the first four notes I knew that it was the original in game music!! AHH I'm freaking out becuase this mix is so perfect. You've taken such a risk Digimatic and you've made something so complex into an instant classic.. or is it the other way around. Bah! I don't care! Ba da da dum! Thank God someone made a remix on this song. I think now it's safe for me to say that I can die happy. :D Sorry djpretzel, I said I can die happy with your donkey kong remix, but this song just kicks some serious ass!! Keep up the excellent work Digimatic!

I swear to god he's not me. We are in the same band, which explains the similarity in style. But he kicks assets in his own way, in some ways better than I do. :oops: STILL. If you like the jams we display, you're gonna love our original shiznit.

http://www.planetskill.com

It's not up yet, but when it is, you are going to fear the power that is Wave Theory!

...just not yet! :lol:

Enjoy the jams.

Æ

A lot of wip's I hear for this always sound so much like the midi or just a re-arrangement with no emotion. But this one is the total opposite and kick-ass. I like the way it starts, and I was almost expecting it to go into a symphonic version... but then, wait... I heard drums that sounded like the colloseum music in Symphony of the Night. I didn't think it was gonna go in that direction, but it was cool anyways even if unintentional. What's good about this is that it feels very full, whereas a lot of mixes sound somewhat empty. And the variation is really good.

Definite keeper, Digimatic. Keep it up.

This was a DAMN good remix. Very nostalgic, as I grew up with castlevania. This song simply did not have enough coverage. The Minibosses used it in a portion of their song, but THIS one did more justice. Congrats and i look forward to your next remix.

Iv grown up on Castlevania, most of the time i was playing the 2nd one Simons Quest, trying to fugure out those annoying puzzles. Anyways the Music in the game was great (not a real surprise from Castlevania). The town music was pretty good, but this remix made it seem 100x better. Its so worth downloading. ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Castlevania 2 was one of my favorite games for the NES. I love action RPG games, and having that kinda flavor in a Castlevania game rocked!

As far as the music, I've always enjoyed the Town music, and Digimatic did a great job remixing the song. It has the original Town music flavor, but is a total remix with a killer beat.

10/10 8)

• 3 months later...

I love the classical intro, it really brings out the medeival, vampiric feel of the castlevania series out. Then, when it blows out into techno synths, you'd think it would be quit offensive in contrast to the classical stuff, but somehow it works. It gives it a sort of full, echoing, airy quality that's harder to get with classical instruments. Then, the classical stuff comes back in before the techno stuff gets too diluted and boring. Unique in that it's more classical than orchestral, and that it mixes 2 opposite genres together successfully (classical and techno) without feeling too much like a compromise. It's a nice fresh take on the song that's enjoyable even though the Minibosses allready did it.

• 2 months later...

Ahh.. Just listened to this remix after a while. It sounds so damn good! It´s one of the best (if not THE best) remixes on this site. Too bad I have never heard the original or even played Castlevania2, but you can really picture what the original sounds like when listening to this. Cool breaks and fills and effects all around and an excellent, athmospheric lead line. Oh man. This is GOOD. I have to listen to it again... and again... and again...

5/5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00817 - Castlevania II "Simon's Town"