OCR00819 - Super Street Fighter II "Dancing in the Sky"

orkybash

Super Street Fighter II 'Dancing in the Sky'

Pretty formulaic Street Fighter techno, complete with voice samples. :) Nevertheless, I'm a sucker for songs like this provided they show more technical skill than being able to install FruityLoops, and this most definitely does. Can't think of much to criticize here, other than it doesn't do a whole lot to make its self stand out, but that doesn't keep it from being a good listen!

Not half bad! The voice samples really really add to this!

Now I have the urge to play street fighter. DOH! Ha ha ha!

I love the song. Timing is a little bit off, and the bass a little too heavy. I'm using a good sound card and 5 speaker set, but the base is pushing a bit too hard, so it distorts the sound a little.

Other than that, it was very decent. Well done.

You just gotta love remixes of Capcom game music backgrounds ;-)

Cammy's theme never sounded better ... I can only hope that more great ones like this will follow ...

Although, a couple of her moves didn't sound right ... "Final O" ... "Cannon Punch" ...

Did these get introduced in another Street Fighter game? They weren't in Super Street Fighter 2 for SNES ...

a couple of her moves didn't sound right ... "Final O" ... "Cannon Punch" ...

What you thought to be "Final O" is "Spiral Arrow" and "Cannon Punch" was either "Cannon Spike" or "Cannon Drill".

Did these get introduced in another Street Fighter game? They weren't in Super Street Fighter 2 for SNES ...

I am pretty sure they were in the Super Nintendo and Sega Genisis port's of Super Street Fighter 2.

The vocals I used were ripped from the Arcade (CPS-2) version.

I am glad you all enjoyed it and there will be more! :wink:

Thanks for the comments! :)

when did she get the cannon spike ... i remember spin knuckle, cannon drill and front kick that was all she had.... anyway this is one bad MoFo of a ReMix Cammy was one of my fav charaters in SSF2 (shame my sound on my genesis is dead now) she was hard to play agains ken\ryu but not impossible ... voices sound alittle high but still good solid beat (no prob w/ bass on 5.1 or 2 spker setup for me) it's up there w/ 4-eyes Ristar Ocean flame groove in terms of tech qual and shares some general sound qualities and the "final O" voice @ the 1min mark sound like final round to me maybe you could clear that up if you have any of the orignal stuff left over

Try these in an emulator:

Cannon Drill: D, D/F, F + Kick

Thrust Kick: F, D, D/F + Kick

Spinning Knuckle: B, D/B, F + Punch

Also, the Cannon Spike and Spriral Arrow voice's are in the CPS-2 Q-Sound ROM's but were never used in the final version of the game.

Here are the 2 voices that every one keeps mistaking to be other words.

http://rzx.emugenerations.com/Cammy.MP3

Hopefully this clears things up. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's the Cammy sports training montage song!

That's pretty much the only way I can imagine this going with the hundreds of vocal Cammy samples. Pretty decent straightforward techno, nothing really stood out except when Cammy gets pwned at the end of the mix. All those special attacks and she still loses? Better train harder next time, Cammy.

Production seems to me a little flat, nothing really cuts through except for the samples; might be a bit too much reverb.

The piano solo near the 2/3 point was a nice touch and a good way to personalize the mix.

This would be good background music except the vocal samples keep distracting my attention. I realize they add a distinct flavor to the mix, but the overuse of them pushes this mix down a bit imo.

• 2 years later...

From the standpoint of not knowing the source, I'd have to say this one overall sounds a bit flat to me. It's throwing down a typical techno style with tons of vocal clips, and it is catchy for a while. As I listen on, though, the mix loses it's luster, because I've already heard the same thing before more than a few times. I think the lack of nostalgia on my part also does the mix in for me. Just not my thing.

• 2 months later...

Considering that the source for this mix is my favorite stage music of the game, I'd have given it a certain amount of bonus if it needed it. But it doesn't need it. The techno arrangement with the vocal clips were awesome. I know vocal clips are as dicey as real vocals, but I like them. I do think the "Ohhhh" clip at the end could have replaced the more repititive ones from earlier, but oh well. Very good.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00819 - Super Street Fighter II "Dancing in the Sky"