OCR00818 - Mega Man 3 "Blue Reflection"

orkybash

Well, here's my first mix. I'm glad to say that it's an excellent one! Quite a calm pace and relaxing. I don't usually like singing in a remix, but this one is an exception. The piano, horn/whatever, and strings really get my vote for the best part. The replacement instruments compliment each other to make the mix all around better. If you ask me for an opinion, I say get it.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm suprised nobody mentioned this before, but, doesn't this really pemind you of ProtoVaffe? I've listened to them countless times, and this seems to follow ProtoVaffe, note for note. I just thought you should know. :D

Anyway, 15 out of 10 Canned Hams on this one!

I just now heard the song, and I noticed that considering that ProtoVaffe has been burned into my memory. DAMN YOU ROCKMAN GAME REMAKER

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course they sound similar, they're both based off Protoman/Blues' theme, hands down my favorite megaman piece ever.

Blue Reflection has this amazing presence, it's one of those songs that sends that shiver up your spine, like there's more to it then just what you can hear with your ears. Justice is done to the great piece it's based from, the lyrics are a great touch and fit like a glove.

Well, It's definitely an interesting remix. The vocals aren't too bad, and the background music is well done.

To me, it just seems like some of the lyrics don't fit.

Otherwise "Blue Reflection" is pretty good, and if you're curious, then give it a download.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok first off, I listened to this and it has NOTHING to do with megaman! Not a damn thing. As for the music, the music was good, well of course, it was Capcom. The Singer.....ehh... I've heard better but she was ok. However the lyrics not only had not a damn thing to do with Megaman, but the lyrics were sloppy and inconsistent.

• 2 weeks later...

My subject line sounds bad but it's oddly good. This is a very odd track, and I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

On one hand it's a very sad song with (contrary to others opinions on here) very careful lyrics, in my opinion. If I just sit and listen, it makes me sad...

However, then I remind myself that this IS based off of Megaman 3... and then my mind just goes "what the 'fudge'?!!!' and I almost want to laugh at the absurdity of this emotional song being based on an 8-bit video game.

Also, contrary to what other reviewers think, the lyrics DO all have to do with Megaman 3, if you really think about it and you let your imagination go for a second and you bring your mind out of the realm of the repetive bullcrap story lines Capcom has tried to put over over endless sequels of the game. It's kind of like a Megaman 3 fan fic put into a song...

But regardless, it's good. I think Injury sings very well on this track, and the remix isn't bad, either. It's one I'll probably listen to over and over again.

However, then I remind myself that this IS based off of Megaman 3... and then my mind just goes "what the 'fudge'?!!!' and I almost want to laugh at the absurdity of this emotional song being based on an 8-bit video game.

Yeah, but its a "Remix" really, a tribute. I can't think of another track on OCR that has vocal lyrics to it except Game Over's "Little Mac's Confession" which is done by a real band. And there aren't any lyrics to Mega Man 3's, so I agree with DJ Pretzel's comment on how it takes balls to do something like this. Blue Reflection is different... no... It sticks out. I fall for good sax and slow music.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, what can I say? This song is excellent. I very much love remixes with lyrics. Especially ones that I find pleasing to listen to. So, this song, most definately, gets my vote of 10/10.

[Edit]

Ok, I'm not sure why, but I love this song. It's probably from my love of Mega Man, coupled with the fact that MM3 is by far my favorite. i just fealt that the ending of it was the best altogether. The discovery of Protoman as MM's "brother" was, to me, very cool.

Anyways, I'm always open for a remix of the theme, since it is by far my favorite piece of MM music in existance. Also, I really like the lyrics, as the singing is devine. in my opinion it is at least. Right, well, this sing brings a beautiful sadness with it. One that makes you appreciate it even more.

I would love, very much, to hear another song like this. But I am having trouble thinking of a song i'd like to hear more than Protoman's theme done this way.

At any rate, this is definately my favorite song so far from this site. 10/10 seems low to me. So I'll christen the 12/10 rating for this song. It's great. Keep up the beautiful work.

::weeping::

:-P

[/Edit]

~Lord Syruss Khalai

• 4 weeks later...

Beautifuly AND perfectly done. The music is WONDERFUL and your voice (that IS your voice right? O_o') is OUTSTANDING!!! The only part that is a little misplaced is when you sang, "And I will not let you go!" I just thought it was a little to loud from the rest of the song. Don't get me wrong, this was a perfect 10/10, it just gave me a little jump when it went from soft and soothing to loud. Awesome work, keep it up!! ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I concur. A beautiful song. It makes me wonder about Mega Man's perspective on Protoman.

BTW, there's one vocal that I found very cryptic:

|I fear there's something hidden there

|slowly killing you

|but to know is half the deed

|to rescue you

Is this referring to the defect in Protoman's energy system that's revealed in Mega Man: The Power Fighters? Dr. Light offers to repair it, but Proto declines. He and Dr. Light are the only ones who know about the defect, so I'm wondering where you got your inspiration for this and the other lyrics of the song.

Bottom line -- bravo. Keep up the good work, and make sure you never lose those pipes.

10/10

I really enjoyed this song, however I do have one negative thing to say about it. Although starla has a very pretty singing voice, it seems to me that there are notes where she is out of tune, especially when she goes down to the lower notes. It may be just me, or has any one else noticed this? I really like the song, but I find these parts to be almost painful.

• 2 weeks later...
I really enjoyed this song, however I do have one negative thing to say about it. Although starla has a very pretty singing voice, it seems to me that there are notes where she is out of tune, especially when she goes down to the lower notes. It may be just me, or has any one else noticed this? I really like the song, but I find these parts to be almost painful.
I think they help the effect of the song. I love it.

Agreed. Part of the reason this song has dampened so many eyes is because we can sympathize with the "role" Starla is singing, and this is because we can hear the pain of that anguished soul in these parts.

I know I've already praised your song, but I can't say enough about it. Seriously, do you know the original composer? I mean, your lyrics...it doesn't sound like they were written for this melody. It sounds like this melody was written for your words. Bun Bun would be proud.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bonus points for adding lyrics. Video game music is awesome. Remixed video game music is better. With lyrics, it's just downright unbelievable. This song is awesome in the fact that it gives the music a voice that echoes its mood. To me that's what really makes this song. Definitely worth a listen. Definitely one of my favorites.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm definately no connisuer of music of this sort. My taste in music tends to be the louder and more furious it is, the bettter.

That being said, I cannot stop listening to this song. And I have NO idea why.

Unfortunately for me, I'm about two years late for the lyrics page you linked to (>_<), and the lyrics that were posted on the song's description page are incomplete...

But, in my opinion, the voice is what makes this song beautiful. Your voice is so beautiful...I can't even begin to express it.

This song mellowed me out nearly completely when I first heard it, which, for someone as angry and harsh as I am almost all the time is QUITE the accomplishment. I don't care if I can't quite connect with the lyrics, or if I can't quite understand them all...they're beautiful and it makes me smile. It also saddens me, because I'm alone, but let's not get into that.

I compliment you on your work. Even if it may not be perfect, it touched me in a way most songs cannot.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00818 - Mega Man 3 "Blue Reflection"