So, I was contracted to do our university's men's b-ball intro theme...(Valparaiso)

Sole Signal

Yeah, the Valparaiso University with possibly "the" most famous last second collegiate win in recent history; Bryce Drew hitting the three to beat Ole Miss in the NCAA tourney about ten years back.

Basically, this is how it's going down.

(0:00-:20)

Eerie ambiance sets up for...

(:21-:40)

Lightning strikes (lights go out, strobes flicker, team mascot waves flag at centercourt)

(:41-whenever)

Team comes running out on court, announcing players, etc

(whenever-end)

Me having fun with breaks and schtuff (plays up until tipoff).

And the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5807694&q=hi

Yeah, the Valparaiso University with possibly "the" most famous last second collegiate win in recent history; Bryce Drew hitting the three to beat Ole Miss in the NCAA tourney about ten years back.

Basically, this is how it's going down.

(0:00-:20)

Eerie ambiance sets up for...

(:21-:40)

Lightning strikes (lights go out, strobes flicker, team mascot waves flag at centercourt)

(:41-whenever)

Team comes running out on court, announcing players, etc

(whenever-end)

Me having fun with breaks and schtuff (plays up until tipoff).

And the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5807694&q=hi

This is pretty baller Audix...no pun intended lol. You woulda fooled me if you said it's for a videogame or movie too though hehe.

Sounds great, but the string work seems so subtle, I just don't see how it would come out in an arena setting at all. That's more a byproduct of the arena setup than the composition, plus I'm sure you don't want the string section to be too prominent to the point of muddying up the soundscape, again keeping the arena sound system in mind. Hopefully it'll sound good. My blog post on it, already written, will go live tomorrow. Props, Greg. Congratulations!