OCR Student Radio

BonzaiRob

I've listened to OCR (and submitted quite a few failures) for a few years, but not really joined the forums properly before.. Anyway, I have the opportunity to present a radio show (regularly) on my university's radio station.

How can I go about getting permission to play OCR tracks there? I'm in the UK, so I'm not sure about any legal issues. I'll start researching if I get a go-ahead here, but I shouldn't think there'd be anything particularly tricky at this end.

It's not a particularly big station, or university, and I'm not sure how popular it'll be - out of all the clubs and societies, there's nothing for video games (until I start it maybe). It might not even get past the administration. But I'd like to know what the opinion is here. I'd be playing OCR tracks mixed with originals in a VG-themed show.

Many thanks.

From the Content Policy (specifically terms of use): http://www.ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy

B.) If OverClocked ReMixes are being redistributed, performed, or incorporated into other works, materials used must be clearly attributed both to the ReMixer(s) who created them and to OverClocked ReMix. This accreditation must be in the form of the ReMixer name(s) followed by "OverClocked ReMix (www.ocremix.org)". In applicable contexts where user interactivity is possible, such as websites, the site name and URL must be linked to http://www.ocremix.org. Accreditation must be presented as close to the utilized material as possible; if OverClocked ReMixes are used in a video, accreditation must be included in credits at the end, but if displayed on a website, accreditation must be prominently displayed in context with the utilized material. In the case of public or semi-public performances where accreditation is not reasonable, responding to audience inquiries with this information will suffice.

I have a lot of leeway at my own station, and I could certainly pitch the idea of a VG-remix show, but I haven't and will not do so because of the workload and effort involved. Larry did a tremendous job on VGF, and that's always been kinda the benchmark for any regular commentary on OCR. But he had a lot more independence than most people with that kind of power, and the station was limited-service.

Since my own radio station is broadcast, FCC rules apply, all tracks would have to be prescreened by someone higher on the ladder than myself, and that's just too much hassle for a 4-hour show. Call-ins and chat rooms would be non-existant as well, so it just wouldn't be the same - plus due to Congress we've just cut off our internet broadcast entirely (we're trying to get it working for sports but just last night I had to tell fans that they couldn't listen to my wonderful play-by-play voice until we got that worked out).

It's tough to do a VG music show and to do it well - know what you're getting into.