OCR00822 - Metroid "Met Mix Pro"

Disco Dan

Metroid 'Met Mix Pro'

::rushes to "Judges Decisions" forum to see how he could have possibly missed this one...::

Oh! Guess I missed this one. Oh well. I guess a song can get through from time to time without having a "NO" on it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding. But seriously folks, I have no idea what this song sounds like because I've never downloaded it and the site is experiencing technical difficulties right now.

Ok. Done downloading, thanks to the wonderful people at #ocremix (thanks majin). Spram said it best, I think. It really does pick up and get catchy only to let you down like pizza without the followup mouthful of soda to wash it down. Even if you DON'T finish downloading it, you've basically heard it. It's a great little sound, but it doesn't go anywhere and just fades out after that. Very much of a let down. But the concept is good. Kind of bittersweet. Anyway, it sounds like a good WIP, but not complete.

DC

Looks like the OCR servers like me better than everyone else ^_^ (you're welcome Dan)..

Like how it starts out with that little creepy feeling, then the melody kicking in. (Not musically-inclined, dunno the technical words i wanna use :P). Pretty damn good for a first remix. Should be a little longer, atleast I think Scratty411 could've gotten some more outta there.

I enjoyed it. It was a little ditty that got its point across. I do like the beginning because it utilizes that lonely Metroid feeling. Then it skips into something where Samus would roll up in a ball and drop some bombs all crazy-like. So it's an interesting listen.

My gripe would be the drum part at 1:23. It seems to skip a little, and not in a typical break fashion, but maybe that's just me. And the ending was a little bit abrupt and should've either ended on one of those distorted bass hits, or with a more gradual fade out.

But all in all a decent piece.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not really feeling this one; There is plenty to like, but overall it seems half finished, and there is a missed beat in the middle of the drums. The different sections are nice; you picked good songs for your medley, but it needs some improved production, both in the high and low parts, as well as a bit more interpretation. THere are some added synths, but it really doesn't seem like enough to me.

Sorry :-(

• 1 year later...

What can I say, I heard this the first time hearing static white noise in the background while everything was playing, but once the rest came in, that all disappeared and told me that it could have been on purpose to show oldness in the area playing(hope I'm right or i'll be hunted)

The rise was far beyond impressive!

Pretty much, almost everything collaborated together as of 1:44 the drums seemed a little cut off when the switch happened.

Now just because he used(awesome) dated sounding tones does NOT mean it isn't a good song. You have to pick carefully with the tones though to make sure you don't blow anybody's ear off.

Scratty411, You chose wisely.

The ending is just perfect timing to show that you just got beat dropped. (no offence Beatdrop, your fantastic)

This last sentence is very weird but I can't find this mix fantastic or impressive as of it being much, much better than that. "This remix is orgasmic" :nicework:

Previewed post 8 times before creation

• 3 weeks later...

This song actually inspired me to write a poem about the bitter shortness of life: how long it takes for us to grow our wings and take flight, and how soon it must be that we land (hopefully peacefully and by our own will) and ... end. You can hear it in the distance - a glimmer of hope - with the ringing around :20, and you can hear it scream at 1:00, and you can hear a contentment only achievable after having experienced and tasted all that this life has to offer at 1:38-1:55... and again, at 1:56, hope comes back.. hope that, however short this life has been, that what's left to come - indeed the rest - will be just as pleasant, and all the while... life hovers on.

Well, I guess i made up my own ideas of this piece but hey! that's what you gotta do. keeps things interesting. I think this piece would have gotten boring if it had been any longer.

• 10 months later...

Well this one came up on the mp3 player today at work, so review time. Overall, this (like many other older mixes) has very basic synth textures and a very straight-forward arrangement. The brightest spot here is the drum work, which is notably better than everything else. I can hear that he was going for a kind've ambient mysterious feel, but with the dry, simple synths, it just doesn't quite click.

• 1 month later...

It has the same beat feel and energy as the Amen Break. Huh....

It all feels like light, dancy, very narrow, minimal techo. Still it's highly melody driven, which is a good thing.

Meh...

It's by no means bad, but it's just feels simplistic and pretty average. :|

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00822 - Metroid "Met Mix Pro"