May i use your music in my own little game?

Memnarch

Hello

I am new to this forum(but i found the site years ago). At the moment in my freetime i am working on a little non commercial free bomberman clone in 3d. Ok it will stil take a long while until the beta is finished but this question is to important: Of course i need music for the game and i want to know if i could use the music from this site( i mean the remixes).

The credits could look like this:

Music

remixtitle

remixer

remixtitle

remixer

and so on.

and at the end of the music credits(or at the beginning) i could display the address of this website.

(sorry for my bad english i am from germany^^)

As far as I'm aware, if the songs had been 100% composed by the remixer then all you would need is the composers permission, but these remixes are based on commercial compositions from other composers & publishers so unless you can get permission from everyone who owns the rights to the songs you want to use, it's best to avoid using re-mixes just incase. Even though it's unlikely anyone would complain, not asking for permission is not very polite.

Why not ask in the forums if anyone would like to compose and perform an original soundtrack for your game, that would give you something original and possibly even better than the tracks you wanted to borrow.

B.) If OverClocked ReMixes are being redistributed, performed, or incorporated into other works, materials used must be clearly attributed both to the ReMixer(s) who created them and to OverClocked ReMix. This accreditation must be in the form of the ReMixer name(s) followed by "OverClocked ReMix (www.ocremix.org)". In applicable contexts where user interactivity is possible, such as websites, the site name and URL must be linked to http://www.ocremix.org. Accreditation must be presented as close to the utilized material as possible; if OverClocked ReMixes are used in a video, accreditation must be included in credits at the end, but if displayed on a website, accreditation must be prominently displayed in context with the utilized material. In the case of public or semi-public performances where accreditation is not reasonable, responding to audience inquiries with this information will suffice.

So yeah, I guess you should link the website with every remix in the credits... Or maybe at the start and end of the music section of the credits.

@ Cheevey: Well, thats a good idea to ask if someone wants to make an original song for the game. At the moment i dont know which types of worlds i want to create(at the moment i am working on a garden and a small castle).

I am programming this game in my freetime and i hav not much of it. I am going to do my "abitur". I am in the 11 class.(sorry that i started a sentence with "I am" three times).

If i ask for someone to create a track, i will post pictures of the level, so that the composer can imagine which type of atmosphere i want to create.

I remember a while back, something like this happened. Except it was for a commercial game and most of the people who contributed their original music for the game didn't get what they were promised in return. Seeing as this isn't commercial, though, it shouldn't be as big of a deal :P I'd be willing to attempt to compose an original for your game. Just let me know.

Think Weird Al Yankovic. He doesn't technically need permission, since his work, while obviously borrowing from a source, is satirical and considered his own work. He does, however, make a clear and conscious effort to attain permission from those sources to do so. It's just good form.

Amish Paradise lol...