PRC104: It's "time" for the Fourth Anniversary! (CT)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 104

PRCv4-26

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! And this is it peeps, we are at the fourth anniversary! Man, I wonder what reelmojo would think if he saw this compo lasting so long.

So yes, having had an entire season under my belt, I can see that PRC faced so many changes in the past year, firstly with the compo preservations (since PRC84 anyway) and the transition to new competition forums, secondly with a transition to using an applet at ThaSauce created by analoq, and thirdly with seeing so many new and old faces plowing on at the compo and providing some polished efforts over the past 12 months.

And especially since we're looking at ThaSauce here, they will need an instant way of saying thanks for what they did to help give PRC a bit of a boost start back in May. And so, whoever wins PRC will get their mix an arbiter's pass to Remix: ThaSauce. It may not be much, but at least it's better than bragging rights :P

There were no specifics on source tune provider though; Sir Nuts told me on MSN to go for the most remixed game, and the people on IRC last night clarified which game it was. You saw it coming, lol.

prc104.png

Chrono Trigger - Robo Gang Johnny

MIDI | MP3 | SPC

Well, this is pretty amazing; in spite of it never getting released in PAL territories, it's the most popular game on OCR, so I find that an interesting accomplishment to begin with. And so, let's see if we can make good homage out of this one. Time to get the party poppers out...

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your image to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by THE TUESDAY AFTER THE NEXT - October 9th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

Sounds great, I love this game, I'll see if I can get an entry in on time seeing as I'll be gone this weekend when I'd normally work on something. Haha, my first entry in on the anniversary, that's interesting (why is the anniversary 104 anyways?). I hope to be competing here. See ya around.

That danged Earth and its annoying patterns of rotation.

I tried to come up with a good idea for an entry and ended up with the Simpsons theme stuck in my head and tiny bugs in my mouth. I was riding my bike. Yes, I had my mouth open. I do this sort of inaudible whistling/beatboxing when I'm trying to come up with ideas. I'm retarded.

Edit: I started my entry because I'm weak.

Am I right in thinking that the deadline is about 10am GMT tomorrow? Cheers.

EDIT: "Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by THE TUESDAY AFTER THE NEXT - October 9th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time."

Am I going crazy or is it the 9th October tomorrow? I'm gonna upload my entry now then... although not a single entry has been uploaded so far - cutting it a bit fine isn't it? I'm pretty confused to say the least lol. Surely I can't be the only one to have a finished entry ready for submission. :/

EDIT2: Y'know what, I'm just gonna assume the deadline is a week Tuesday and that the date is wrong.

Bligh that was stressful lol.

Am I right in thinking that the deadline is about 10am GMT tomorrow? Cheers.

EDIT: "Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by THE TUESDAY AFTER THE NEXT - October 9th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time."

Am I going crazy or is it the 9th October tomorrow? I'm gonna upload my entry now then... although not a single entry has been uploaded so far - cutting it a bit fine isn't it? I'm pretty confused to say the least lol. Surely I can't be the only one to have a finished entry ready for submission. :/

EDIT2: Y'know what, I'm just gonna assume the deadline is a week Tuesday and that the date is wrong.

Bligh that was stressful lol.

People tend to submit stuff pretty close to the deadline. Don't count on the date being wrong; we've already had longer than usual to remix this.