PRC104: It's "time" for the Fourth Anniversary! (CT)

Rexy

I'm really sorry to have held you up Rexy. I've now submitted my entry.

Thanks for waiting for me. :)

I think one of the things that made doubt the deadline was today was ThatSauce. I'm sure it said I had hours/days left for the compo on there, but oh well.

I'm looking forward to hearing the other entries!

Okay, so I was a little side-tracked. It turns out that my brother passed his driving test today, so it seems as if a last-minute meal out was in order. O.o Anyway...

So yes, that means that the mixing stage is over. It's time to get to the voting stage. Visit the Competition Link at ThaSauce and fill out the form on the bottom of the page - pick out three mixes and place them from first to third, with a reasoning on your choice. Contestants don't need to place their own works in, as they will automatically get three points for themselves if they vote. You have until Friday, October 12th at 3:30PM EST to cast your vote. The winner gets the promise of a free arbiter's pass to Remix: ThaSauce!

Alex Smith - Funky Johnny

Chickenwarlord - Arrogance

Nario - An Otherworld Awaits Robo Gang Johnny

TheoConfidor - Open Mic Night

I wish I had time to finish a track for this. Ended up having a lot of work. Oh well, here was my WIP, I spent all the time doing drum programming -

www.soundtempest.net/robogang.mp3

What kind of organ did you use? I like it a lot more than the B3 I used in this ~40 second WIP I was hoping to finish before the deadline. I didn't spend so much time on drum programming - I thought the drums were sounding kind of nice at the start of the piece, but after that I just looped them.

Okay, NOW we can cease the competition. Are you all ready for the results and so forth?

Total number of mixes - 4

Total number of votes - 6

Highest possible score - 18

Nario received an unanimous last place decision with 5 points.

Chickenwarlord upgraded from wooden to metal spoon for third place with 10 points.

TheoConfidor got his just desserts for criticising R:TS (just kidding) and achived second place with 12 points.

And the winner by another unanimous decision is Alex Smith with 18 points!

Nice job, Alex; I'm assuming this is your first PRC win, and a really well timed one at that. As soon as Garian and co hear about the result, they will promptly place it to the R:TS track listings. As I said it may not be much, but I hope it will be of a big aid to you.

The delayed start for the voting means that PRC105 will be delayed as well by 24 hours, but not to worry. When it does come around, I am really sure that everyone will be appreciative of the trials of PRC's fifth season, wherever they could go.

I had to read through this page a few times... at first I was truly speechless. :o

I haven't seen the voters' comments yet, but I'd just like to say thank you so much to all the talented competitors and all the voters.

I'd also like to say a quick thanks to Rexy for putting so much time and energy into every single PRC. And also to ThaSauce for awarding this fantastic prize - I'm honoured.

EDIT: Read the comment - unanimous first place votes? Wow, thanks very much. Sorry if my trombone playing sounded a bit out of tune. Basically I've been trying to work on intonation at college and my teacher has been saying I'm playing too sharp on certain notes. Trouble is, I over-compensated on this recording and may have ended up too flat in places. :D So after being taught there's 7 positions on the trombone... well that's not really true at all lol.

Congratulations everyone!

TheoConfidor got his just desserts for criticising R:TS (just kidding) and achived second place with 12 points.

That was definitely not the way I meant it. I was actually dissing my own piece, since I don't consider it a serious remix. It's not horrible, but I would hate to have my first posting on R:TS be such a low-production quality, light-arrangement piece.

It was just meant to be fun. :)