remix

approximately 40 days ago, and I haven't seen any traces of it on the

judges

forum. I'm just emailing you the submission information as you

instructed,

because I think I botched the submission info the last time. The adress

is:

The ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags should be okay, but you might need to make any

changes nessisary if it doesn't work for you.

Btw, the remix is of a theme from the SMRPG "Merrymore" theme (you

might

want to get the soundtrack on meridian if you don't remember it). I'm

not

gonna lie and say that the samples are good, because they're not.

However,

it is pretty varied and I find it appealing in a strange way. There's

some

out of tune stuff that I know a judge like DiscoDan won't like...and it

was

done half-purposely, as weird as it sounds. I dunno, see what you

think...Here's the real info:

Game: Super Mario RPG

Title: Happily Merried OC Remix

Artist: Adhesive_boy

I know there's someone out here who will enjoy this...I just hope it

gets in

the Judges Forum at some point...

At first I was like What the HELL is this? Its sudden blunt start gave me a start aswell. But as I listened to it more I understood what Jack is trying to do here. Now after 2 listens i think its actually VERY cool SH*Z*T.

Instrument quality might not be in the high regarding some of those drums/flutes, but the sequencing is loverly.

I could see an orchistra playing this beauitfully

Also, I listened to the original spc and I see that Jack did quite a bit.

Two things that really got to me though:

Clipping

Some samples were horribly unlistenable

These two reasons are enough to annoy me each time I listen to it, but that sequencing job is still impressive, so I"ll go with Yes this time.

GJ Jack!

-Pro

Uh, hah! As soon as I listen to this, I'm like "WTF Is this?!". Yeah, it's pretty strange. Some of the samples are pretty bad quality-wise, but they're not deadly. The percussion isn't really something I like, but it's not /that/ bad. Definitely not bad to the point to lean me towards voting no. Yeah, it's a weird mix, I give it that, but it displays excellent sequencing. Enough said.

YES

Angelfire does not allow direct linking

from offsite, non-Angelfire pages,

to files hosted on Angelfire.

This practice of 'remote linking' reduces

our ability to serve out the homepages

of our members quickly and efficiently.

Next time, please link to an HTML page on your angelfire site, not directly to one of the files.

Review coming when I feel like going to the trouble of getting around Angelfire's remote linking policy.

OK... on to the review...

I gotta say no. Yes, the sequencing isn't bad, and most of the samples are forgivable, but there's a few real stinkers that really bring it down. The mixing seems off to my ears. And last, but not least, the thing drug on about 2 minutes after I felt like "OK, you've made your point, the remix doesn't have to go on anymore!"

Though I can tell a lot of effort went into this, it just doesn't rub me the right way.

Ok... there are some really annoying things in here. On purpose or not, that dischord between the parts is painful. And there's something weird about this arrangement. Like it was all recorded live and then cut and paste funny. Like, what was that at 1:20??? What is this insanity?? I'm so lost.

Actually I don't sense a display of excellent sequencing here. I mean, most of it is pretty basic. Melody, chords, bass. Most of which are included in the original, so it's not like much was left up to improv. But I still feel this thing is put together like one of those models Calvin always tried to put together in the comics that ended up looking like a mess of plastic and glue.

These transitions are ...

ugh.

NO

DC

Ok, I know, I can edit my post, but I don't feel like it. I wasn't sure about it the first time around, but now I'm sure. The original goes a lot of places that this one doesn't. I think this arrangement hints at the original but doesn't really embrace it very much at all, minus that one melody part. I don't know. I'm working off a few listens on each end, and I don't have time to dwell on this for days, but I just think a lot got left out in this arrangement.

DC