OCR ReFill Project

anosou

Okay, since Reason 4 is here. Let's make an official OCR Reason Users ReFill!

Make some thor patches, collect your coolest hand-made sub/mal patches. Throw in some combis for good measure and release this onto the community!

If nothing else it's fun to see what other OCRemixers make when they creater their own patches or variations of Factory Soundbank patches.

If you like this idea, please do start creating. In the meantime I set up some rules. These are still for debate so please mention if something sounds bad or if something should be added.

RULES:

•All patches must be 100% your own (exceptions: Tweaked factory soundbank patches, then you have to name it in this fashion "[name of original patch] TWK". These "Tweas" has to be substantial changes if we're including it in the ReFill. So no "just added some reverb" or "changed an oscillator octave")

•All patches submitted will be put in folders by creators.

•If a creator submits multiple patches he/she can choose if he/she would like a sub-folders in his folder.

•Anyone on the forums can submit a patch

•Any version of Reason accepted

•Refill will be Reason 4 only (since it will contain Thor patches I think there is no way to use it in R3)

•The Refill will be avaliable to everyone

•There is no deadline at the moment, but I might set one if we ever want to release this.

(more rules to come.. maybe) ;)

SO! Start brainstorming, creating and commenting. This oughta be a lot of fun.

We ARE going to put all of this into ONE refill, right? Since I already have a bunch of free refills and my reason folder is actually getting kinda messy, I've been thinking about getting a refill unpacker and packer just to put my favorite patches and samples into a single, complied refill for personal use.

We ARE going to put all of this into ONE refill, right? Since I already have a bunch of free refills and my reason folder is actually getting kinda messy, I've been thinking about getting a refill unpacker and packer just to put my favorite patches and samples into a single, complied refill for personal use.

refill unpackers are unethical! :D

and yes, ONE refill. there might be additional releases over the years, but hopefully they will be far between and substantial enough to count.

I'm down yo!

Been working on trying to make pathces that Emulate the Roland D-50 (Enya) so I'll def have some unique hybrid patches to test out. Yeah I know the Deepflight refill is already sampled the D-50 but damn it it's enya!

EDIT: Also trying to make some patches that'll have some really smooth and silky sounds that are hard to find in Reason IMO.

RULES:

•All patches must be 100% your own (exceptions: Tweaked factory soundbank patches, then you have to name it in this fashion "[name of original patch] [any word]TWEAK")

I think that might make some patch names too long, I think simplifying it to "[original patch name] TWK" is good enough. Also, any tweaked factory presets better be tweaked extensively, not enough to make it completely different sounding, but enough to make the tweaked version an actual contribution to the refill. It'd be silly to include a tweaked factory thor patch that only raises the wetness on the delay a little.

All the other rules sound just fine though Anso, good work.

I think that might make some patch names too long, I think simplifying it to "[original patch name] TWK" is good enough. Also, any tweaked factory presets better be tweaked extensively, not enough to make it completely different sounding, but enough to make the tweaked version an actual contribution to the refill. It'd be silly to include a tweaked factory thor patch that only raises the wetness on the delay a little.

All the other rules sound just fine though Anso, good work.

as good as fix'd

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...