Team Fortress 2

JoeFu

I don't but the guys where my sig link goes to that do have it have made their thoughts.

Over all TF2 in beta kinda blows mainly due to the long respawn times. Though that could/should be fixed in the full version, the game is well recieved. Just the cartoony affects give it a fresh breath of air as well as changes in game play mechanics.

Pyros are much more fun than in the old TFC (arguably the most popular version of TF mods) as well as being a spy and skulking about is fun as well. The sniper's fishbowl view when scope make things feel wonky when sniping but I personally welcome it. HW guy still as fun as ever. Engy's pretty cool and its nice to see how the scout has a chance in fighting back now unlike in TFC.

Medics finally can stick to the role of their namesake instead of being the ultimate balance. Soldiers are always fun too. Demomen being the only ones with explosives can be interesting.

I think whats nice about not having grenades is that it makes the games concentrate more on the types of characters and what they can do compared to just resorting to grenades in a confrontation. One thing in particular that I like is that, although medics are a lot less equipped - weapon-wise, they get assist points when a person they're healing makes a kill. Medics should be doing what they're supposed to - heal.

Medics should be doing what they're supposed to - heal.

I'm not disagreeing with this (I've bitched at healing classes who try to DPS in WoW enough to know), but in TFC you could heal, flag run AND fight effectively, but not to the point where it became overpowered. It just sucks they had to change one of the most fun classes in the game when it was balanced so well.

I guess bitching about it isn't going to help since it's already done though now is it...*cries*

One thing in particular that I like is that, although medics are a lot less equipped - weapon-wise, they get assist points when a person they're healing makes a kill. Medics should be doing what they're supposed to - heal.

I am totally down with playing a medic. In the original they were pretty worthless, swinging around a "healing axe" having to hump the leg of whoever, and more often than not taking the shot intended for them.

For the guys whining... have you even played it yet?

Medics are fun, I have no idea how they once were, but that was like 9 years ago. They are fun to use just because you are right in the line of fire and making sure your soldier/pyro/heavy is able to break through the defence with your ubercharge and otehr stuff.

And you can still kill people with medics, his bonesaw is rediculous, like 2 hits will kill someone if you sneak up behind them. Also shooting syringes can kill too. But medics are there for what they need to do, heal.

It seems like the only negative comments are from people who have never played it. Oh and to the guy who said something about long respawn times: you know those are server dependent right? And also each map can be custom tailored... so like on Dustbowl the offense spawns faster or whatever.

Regardless...

It's amazing. I've been playing Team Fortress since, well, Team Fortress (Quakeworld ftw!), and this is by far my favorite take on the game yet. Removing grenades was a great balancing act in my opinion: It makes demoman and spy classes very essential for taking out sentry guns. The medic class is super fun to play now (their bone-saw melee weapon is fantastic, and uber-charging a heavy and getting like 8 assist points when they bust into a room and own everything is very satisfying). My only potential balancing concern is that scouts fricken pwn now. Their shotguns are, in my opinion, too powerful. However, this is just but one small complaint.

Medics are fun, I have no idea how they once were, but that was like 9 years ago.

They were a good idea back then, but it was nearly impossible to play as one and be effective. Since you had to be right up next to your healing target swinging your axe to heal them, you'd take all the intended splash damage, or the sniper would have twice the chance of getting a hit in because medics were unable to move autonomously. With the new changes, medics still have to follow closely to their buddy, but they don't have to be literally on top of them. Huge change and it's awesome.

And you can still kill people with medics, his bonesaw is rediculous, like 2 hits will kill someone if you sneak up behind them. Also shooting syringes can kill too. But medics are there for what they need to do, heal.

Seriously, if the healing gun or whatever medics have is good enough, no weapon is required, as you'll be able to keep up your target while they gun down everyone.

I love playing as a healer in WoW PVP, and am totally used to not being able to kill anything by myself. Cranking up the speed and making it an FPS just makes it that much more exciting to me. I played as a soldier before, but i'd much rather heal.

I noticed that they have 2fort5 and the well maps, as well as some new ones. I'm hopeing it's not going to be all 2fort all the time, but i guess we'll see. :-)

I got TF2 the day it came out and I have been playing it nonstop with my friends. The game is downright amazing. The ONLY flaw right now is the respawn timer. The game is still very fast paced and is full of devastation, a respawn timer does not work at all for the game and I really hope they will get rid of it in the final version. The only classes I can really complain about being overpowered are scouts and spies but they still have their flaws that make them a little balanced. Regardless, the game is amazing and once you play long enough, Scouts and Spies really aren't a huge problem for you.

TFC was the first online game I ever played and I have been waiting for this sequel for years. Naturally, the game did not disappoint, it is a complete breath of fresh air from the graphics right down to the game mechanics and the class based system. I have never played a FPS game with a dedicated healing class that actually gets amazing benefits from healing. The game is really team based now so it makes it very fun.

Anyways, back to playing TF2, peace it.

If only TRIBES was a mod for Half-life back in the day...people would be raving about that more than any other mod besides CS.....

Tribes is better than TFC, but since they took down the Tribes servers, I guess I'll have to resort to this and Battlefield.