Liontamer

The lyrics are a cover but got Finglished, which is awesome - LT

Remixer: ilp0

Game: Conker's Bad Fur Day

Song: Sloprano

Original can be heard in http://sloprano.ytmnd.com/

Lyrics might be a "bit off", I just don't understand half of it

---------------------------------------------------------------

Never played Conker's Bad Fur Day, so hearing the source was surprising to say the least. Never knew they ever acknowledged the word "shit" in video game music. In an orchestral/opera piece no less. Man, that last audio drama-style part at the end, you can't help but think they were laughing all the way to the bank at how they were getting paid to make something that ridiculous.

Wow.

Conker's Bad Fur Day Soundtrack - (07) "Sloprano"

Seems too cover-ish to start, but that concern was quickly erased. Pretty substantive of a genre adaptation with the vocals being the thing that ties it to the source, as most of the music itself seems to be original. Same type of deal as the previous Metal Gear Solid 3 submission, only more interpretive going this route; the structure is intact, the tempo and instrumentation are what got the overhaul.

Obvious thing I noticed are that the lyrics are mixed in really poorly. I don't know if it's because the recording quality wasn't good in the first place, but whatever the reason, the mixing on them needs to be worked on. Right now, the vocals combined with the music are too loud and at too similar levels. The music should be pulled back to give the vocals more space.

Vocal harmonization worked pretty well, making the delivery seem a lot more solid than the last sub. The lyrics were only quirkier given a few of the words being changed or mispronounced, and I loved 'em. "How about some scat, you little twat." That's great.

Some production issues, but not enough to hold this back. A great example of how to do a cover with a lot of interpretation and personal flair. Nice job, Ilari! Good luck with the rest of the vote. Here's hoping you resubmit that Metal Gear Solid 3 collab with tiiiu as well.

YES

ah, feces. If there's any idea that cannot be expressed using feces as a medium, I don't know what it is. Nice sound to this track. The ensemble is really tight. Guitars, accordion, etc. are very well arranged. The lyrics are about shit. It's lucky you can barely understand them. I don't find the subject material particularly engaging, but I can't really think of a reason to say no. This beats out Funky Monkey Love for best music with the worst lyrical content.

YES

• 1 month later...

Wow, absolutely terrible lyrics. Hard to even believe this is real; I actually feel dumber for even listening to the source. To an extent I wish the mixers didn't even include them in the remix because they're just that... bad.

That being said, the mix is otherwise excellent. Top-notch production and performances, as we've come to expect from ilp0. Vocals are, uh, great, lyrics aside. Arrangement is creative, interpretive, and in a style we definitely don't hear often on OCR.

Always cool to hear how ilp0 gets better with each new mix. I wish the source wasn't so banal, but

YES

Wow, absolutely terrible lyrics. Hard to even believe this is real; I actually feel dumber for even listening to the source. To an extent I wish the mixers didn't even include them in the remix because they're just that... bad.

That being said, the mix is otherwise excellent. Top-notch production and performances, as we've come to expect from ilp0. Vocals are, uh, great, lyrics aside. Arrangement is creative, interpretive, and in a style we definitely don't hear often on OCR.

Always cool to hear how ilp0 gets better with each new mix. I wish the source wasn't so banal, but

YES

C'mon, bro. Tell us how you REALLY feel? :lol: