'War of the Worlds' - The Broadcast

tweex

EDIT October 22:

Ok people, it's official!

Because of how popular the show was and how much positive response the station got from airing it, they have decided to re-broadcast it the night of Halloween!! That is Wednesday, October 31 at 8:00 PM EST!!!!

That's right, my friends. If you missed it the first time, you have another shot to hear it. It is, without doubt, the best production I have ever been apart of or designed in theatre, and it shows (try to ignore my extreme bias ).

The instructions for streaming are the EXACT SAME!!

For those of you who didn't hear about the production the first time around, check below to catch up on the publicity and promotions there are.

------------------------------------

Hello all!

While I may be Tweek, a mild mannered OCR mixer by day, I am also Brian Arnold, "Super Sound-Design Boy" by night! MWWWAHAHAHAHAHA.....cough.....sorry....

I want to plug a show that is turning out exceptoanlly well, and it's something that all of you can be involved in!

The University of Geogia's Department of Theatre and Film Studies (which I am an Undergrad in) is performing "War of the Worlds." Here is the UGA Offical anouncement:

"WAR OF THE WORLDS, adapted by John Kundert-Gibbs from the novel by H. G. Wells"

"A STUDIO THEATRE PRODUCTION. Just in time for Halloween, UGA will present a brand-new adaptation, for stage and radio, of this tale of Martian invasion that terrified the nation seventy years ago in Orson Welles’ legendary broadcast. This performance will be broadcast live on WUGA. Seating at the Classic Center will be at 7:30 pm (with no late seating) for the 8:00 pm broadcast."

As it says, the performance will be broadcast at 8:00 PM EST. For those of you not in the Athens area, the broadcast will be streamed on the WUGA Website. Details are still pending in terms of where to go to stream the show, but I will post the instructions as soon as the information is available!

The radio station is providing us with wonderful coverage and exposure which can be seen here. More information is coming in daily, so check back for news and updates.

We have promos (that I recorded, mixed, and composed) going out on the air right now, but you can find them right below. There are mulitple promotions on the air, but I will release them one at a time, so be sure to check back often:

Promotion 1

Promotion 2

Publicity/News for the show:

University of Georgia Website Article

Full UGA Article (longer than the first with more info)

INTERNET STREAMING INSTRUCTIONS:

To tune in, open the following URL in iTunes (or other internet music software).

Choose Advanced > Open Stream, and copy in the following:

http://live.wuga.org:8000/

This will be a great show, so be sure to tune in!

BIG NEWS COVERAGE UPDATE!!!

The show is being advertised on the University of Georgia website and you can read the story they're running.

Another, extended, article about the show can be found here.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY: INTERNET STREAMING INSTRUCTIONS!!

Here is the info you need to be able to stream the show over the internet when it's broadcast live:

To tune in, open the following URL in iTunes (or other internet music software).

Choose Advanced > Open Stream, and copy in the following:

http://live.wuga.org:8000/

I've tested it, and it works!!

Remember, the show airs at 8:00 PM EST this Saturday (October 13th)!

More updates are bound to come, so keep checking back!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok people, it's official!

Because of how popular the show was and how much positive response the station got from airing it, they have decided to re-broadcast it the night of Halloween!! That is Wednesday, October 31 at 8:00 PM EST!!!!

That's right, my friends. If you missed it the first time, you have another shot to hear it. It is, without doubt, the best production I have ever been apart of or designed in theatre, and it shows (try to ignore my extreme bias :-)).

The instructions for streaming are the EXACT SAME!! Look in the first post to see what to do.

For those of you who didn't hear about the production the first time around, check the first post to catch up on the publicity and promotions there are.

• 2 months later...

It has certainly been a while since this thread was last dug up, but alas, the time has come!!

After months of phone calls and emails, we finally have a version of "War of the Worlds" posted online for you to listen to at your own leisure.

Here it is:

Act 1:

http://podcaster.gcsu.edu/podcastdata/UGA/Channel_7150/podcast_16387/16387.mp3

Act 2:

http://podcaster.gcsu.edu/podcastdata/UGA/Channel_7150/podcast_10647/10647.mp3

The show has been a massive success both nationally and internationally! I highly recommend everyone to take a little time and immerse yourself in the mind of H.G. Wells!