My Sonar is malfunctioning!

Maybe not really malfunctioning, but I was applying some EQ to the guitars in it and was copying loading and processing audio data for like 30 minutes when it said something like, "the audio disk is full." I can't remember now if those were the exact words. But I went into the audio folder and deleted some files (assuming that I needed to make room) but now when I export the song to audio, it (supposedly) exports it, but then the resulting file is not a regular WAV file but an unknown file type and thus I can't play it in WinAmp. I'm at such a crucial moment in the creation of this remix, guys! Any ideas about what's wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

What do you mean "unknown file type"

Is it a *.wav file? Is it just not playing in winamp?

Did you make sure it's 16bit? Many sound cards don't support 24 and 32bit audio files which Sonar defaults on the export menu.

Also, make sure it's Broadast Wave

I mean that when you right click on it and select properties, it says, "File type: FILE" And that's all. And it has one of those icons for files that don't have a default program. So it's not a WAV file. I haven't tried it in any other player because there's no reason for it not to work in Winamp. It was 16 bit. I don't know about Broadast Wave. I'll check that out. But I didn't do anything different from what I usually do, so I can't figure it out. Anyway, thanks for your help.

I figured it out. It was because I tried to export too many audio tracks, or too many fragmented clips of audio, or a combination of the two. I had 32 tracks all cut up into 1.37 million clips or so. That was why. I figured out how to "bounce to clip" and combined a couple of guitar tracks and now it's fine. ^_^v

What the heck is going on?! All of a sudden I'm having that same problem again. I don't get it. I guess the cause wasn't what I thought it was. I really have no idea why it could be happening. Everything is the same as I've always done it and it takes forever to export it all, just like always, but the resultant file is not a WAV file.

Yeah, I selected about 20 tracks. I wonder if this has anything to do with the file name. Every time I name it what I want to name it, which is "Valkyriemix 1.4" it does that. But it just worked when I named it "Valkyriemix version 4." Yeah, I don't get it. Thanks for helping me out again though.

The reason is the way your OS handles file extensions. Before XP (I think), there could only be one . in a file name, anything after that was treated as the extension. So instead of a .wav file, it was a .4 file with the file name as "Valkyriemix 1". If you have XP or vista, this shouldn't be a problem though (but I don't know how it works on macs). You can easily rename a file by clicking it once to highlight it, then pressing F2, and changing the .4 to .wav. If you have "hide extensions for known file types" on, then you'd need to turn it off to change the extension. (in explorer or my documents, Tools | Folder Options -> View tab, it should be the last checkbox without having to scroll down).