OCR00826 - Tetris (GB) "Gift from Moscow"

Disco Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, decided to finally register so I could comment on the cool songs around here. I just wanted to point something out, since I'm not sure if everyone noticed it, but the part of this piece played in the intro (and the part it goes back to around 3'24") is actually another song that's also from Tetris (I always remember it as the Title Screen music in the Game Boy version, not sure if any other versions of the game had that part) and is probably also a Russian folk piece or something :) I just thought it was really cool that he included that into the mix. Great remix!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Thank you for the transition at 3:30. It keeps the track alive. The instrumentation choice on this song is wonderful. Sorry if I am not giving props where they are due, but if you are the first to use the harpsichord, very original choice. Perhaps a few more bpm faster would have given the song a bit more umph. Anyway, wow, awesome, very simplistic remix. Thank you McVaffe.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I really love how this is broken into about three/four sections and how it progresses through each.

It's as if someone's starting a game of Tetris and listens to the title theme.

Then at 0:55 they actually begin a round.

At 1:52 (where the mix really begins), reality fractures and the player is at some obscure, romantisiced Eastern European village at festival time.

Then at 3:54, its time to go home.

Great mix and worth listening to.

• 1 month later...

This is so good I hunted through the internet to find where this came from, and here it is! Massive kudos to McVaffe.

My only feedback is that the piano part between 1:33 to 1:51, whilst tuney, is soft compared to the rest of the piece and seems quite out of place. I would pay to have that adjusted - no kidding. Are you still around McVaffe?

The harpsichord is such a nice touch! All of a sudden I have a hunger for Polka :-P

Edit: I've just cross/fade edited it out, now I'm happy :D

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00826 - Tetris (GB) "Gift from Moscow"
  • 4 years later...

I always forget that Tetris had title screen music, but it's more pleasant here than it was in the older games in my opinion. I really like the classical feel of the harpsichord slowly bleeding into the more upbeat Korobeiniki and dancing around it from time to time. Lots of nice arrangement touches here. I enjoyed this.