OCR00824 - Friday the 13th "Panic at Camp Crystal"

Ginnsu

Friday the 13th 'Panic at Camp Crystal'

Creepy! Absolutely perfect for Halloween. The use of orchestral string instruments in this song is amazing. I should have had this playing in a stereo sitting outside my front door just to freak out the kids. And then the whole song turns right around into this goofy electronic bit. Which is really amazingly well done, but what the hell?! I was really getting off on those orchestral strings. I think it would have been nicer as two different full length songs, but ah well. Excellent work Ghetto Lee Lewis.

This song is two songs, make no mistake.

The first song, the strings didn't sound so great at first, but once you get into it, it's all good. The piano was good. It was a good arrangement.

Then we get into the second song which was techno/dance kinda. The reason it's a second song is because it's totally different from the first part, and the segway was emptiness and some dialog. And that by itself was just sorta plain. And the ending just stopped abruptly, I felt. Maybe that's a good thing though?

I was kind of getting the song to tell a story. The first part, you're kind of walking aimlessly around the forest all scared and stuff. The second part you run into Jason, and he's out for blood. The song ends abruptly cause it never took long to trip and fall and Jason would murdera ya. (if that helps at all; I really made this song like 6 months ago or something, I could of done better probably)

I must be honest. I hate this game. It is one of the worst NES games I have ever played... but this remix... I love it. Usually, I hate the music in the game, but this remix makes me like it a lot. It's very creppy, too. If I ever learn how to make remixes, I was going to make a Friday the 13th remix, acually. I still will... if I ever learn... Great remix, Ghetto.

• 2 weeks later...

At first, I wasn't into this mix much, but as I've listened to it more and more, It has grown on me quite a bit (something that happens a lot with me). I like how this changes from a more gothic, scary type of orchestral piece to a fast-paced techno rythm. It makes a good transition too...I had to listen a few times to even realize that was happening.

Great job on this mix!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Those clips from the movie need to sealed in a barrel of acid and forgotten about. They sodomise this mix in a most unappealing way. Do not enjoy.

Besides the clips though, I actually don't mind the music. The samples are anything but inspiring, and the transitions between the two styles is like 10 seconds of awful, but it still gains points for what else it does.

I actually don't mind the second half as much as other people seem to. It doesn't seem that out of place to me, honestly. It certainly isn't a natural progression of the macabre string section thing going on, but I'm a fan of the retro sound with infused energy.

Of course, it's deeply flawed, or maybe mortally wounded would be a more fitting term. It's a shame this mix was shaped around something I personally detest a lot, but really, without the clips, it would still be just eh...

I'm just letting it be known I'm not completely down on this mix.

• 2 years later...

SIXTO FORCED ME TO REVIEW

It's interesting to go back to these older tracks and see how well they stand up musically. Good stuff never gets old though, and I'm really digging the atmosphere in this one. The genre switchup caught me be surprise, but both halves of the track are interesting to listen to.

But sorry, those movie clips are blurgh.

• 2 years later...

I've been listening to ocremix for as long as I can remember...sometime in middle school and dang is that a long time ago, at least a good fourteen years..This is one song I keep coming back to..While it could use a tune up I still love it for what it is...The soundbites could be a bit better quality but I do enjoy their placement in the song. I also really enjoy it going from a somber melody to rather upbeat, it's called transition and it actually does it well. They could both work on their own but it is a nice mashup

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00824 - Friday the 13th "Panic at Camp Crystal"