I lost all my bookmarks on FireFox....

Dinobot 2

So I turned on my PC today booted up Firefox and noticed all my bookmarks are gone. GONE! My recent history is still intact. I don't understand this. I tried a system restore to a few days ago. Nothing. I haven't made any weird changes to my PC lately. What would cause this and how can I get them back?

What would cause this?

When Firefox experiences an error, or if it is shut down abnormally (like it freezes up and you have to use Task Manager to shut it down), it will most often loose bookmarks. It's a glitch that has been around for the last three or four versions.

Mozilla says they are taking care of it, but I still haven't seen any fix for it, despite upgrading to the newest versions each time they come out.

It happens, so just use Firefox to export your bookmarks to a separate file as well as using it's own built-in back-up.

When Firefox experiences an error, or if it is shut down abnormally (like it freezes up and you have to use Task Manager to shut it down), it will most often loose bookmarks. It's a glitch that has been around for the last three or four versions.

Mozilla says they are taking care of it, but I still haven't seen any fix for it, despite upgrading to the newest versions each time they come out.

It happens, so just use Firefox to export your bookmarks to a separate file as well as using it's own built-in back-up.

it doesn't just delete your bookmarks, it deletes ALL your profile information. bookmarks, settings, cache, cookies, etc. all of it kaput. EXTREMELY annoying.