OCR00827 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Dark Tranzition"

Disco Dan

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'Dark Tranzition'

Well, this is one of those mixes where I came up with several reasons to say "no" to it on the judges forum, but then kept it on my hard drive because it was catchy. My only problem with it now is that it's too short and doesn't seem to go anywhere. What there IS of it, is some hot stuff. Love what's been done with what's there, but I just wish it wouldn't die before it got off the ground...

DC

Hmmm, so what song is this?

1.05 - It's the dungeon music! Arrrgh!

*mind fills with horrible memories*

Okay, short and ambient. The sort of mix you have in the background while you play Dungeons and Dragons or read The Lord of the Rings.

A great mix, unless you don't like techno, in which case, why are you here? 75% of the mixes are techno! Okay, I'm going to play Zelda 3 again.

Oh wait, I'm in the ice dungeon. I hate that dungeon.

I like this. It was dark, it was catchy, it was good. Although it didn't really seem to build to anything. And some of the piano samples at points were a bit jarring. And it ended the same way it began, which brings it full circle, although I can't say I was impressed with a fade in fade out song that didn't really get off the ground. Although I still liked the general sound of it.

8O This one was an eye-opener...But with all the gastric noises, I figured it should have been a remix of "Inside Jabu-Jabu" more than a theme from Zelda 3.

For those who remember the Jabu-Jabu level *shudder* there were a lot of those gastric blurbing indigestion noises... :oops:

Personally I thought it was great, shoulda been longer though I agree...

Kajed Berd

• 2 weeks later...

Sine, this rawks. but its not long enuf. im feeling that theres more to it...which is why you should make it longer and resubmit it. i wont say make it better because this is a longer = better case.

its about time someone remixed this one. props to Sine for doing it well! *hands Sine some props*

...reminds me of the swamp dungeon...and that microwave cleaning cloth-in-a-bag commercial. bloop, bloop.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

THIS is one song out of the many that is actually suited to having a techno track forced onto it. The original was somewhat sparse, so adding the random techno junk works for once. NO I'M NOT TRYING TO ENCOURAGE YOU PEOPLE TO MAKE MORE TECHNO REMIXES. I'm just saying that it works effectively here. I especially love the beginning tho... mmm... volume control. 6/8

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, this is one interesting mix. I love the percussion that goes with the dark melody and it kind of gives me an image of somebody skateboarding smoothly through a really dark corridor, kind of like in Kingdom Hearts II. Ultimately, it maintains its spooky image throughout. This is a great example of some awesome creativity you got there, Sine. Keep it up!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Kind of drags a little but may be due to some internal conditions. The drum line it well done and the electronic ambiance is nice too but doesn't seem to fit well with each other. The drum specify a rhythm and the ambiance specify an eerie feeling. I would dive the two and to make it sound more complete but its really up to you.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00827 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Dark Tranzition"