Dual-monitors

I'm running dual monitors on my PC, and it's great. Until I try to playt Counter-Strike or watch a movie.

CS (Or any OpenGL game, it seems) doesn't want to work properly on my main monitor. it takes what seems to be a static snapshot of what was there, and it sticks, kind of like when you open a window and it's not loading properly. It does this with certain movie files, too.

Any idea what would cause this or how to fix it? It seems to be related to video drivers, but I can't think of what to change to fix it.

What are you using as your graphics card(s) for the monitors? Running applications or movies should not be a problem with a dual monitor set up. My friend has a dual monitor set up, however, one of his monitors is connected to a PCI graphics card. This is the bottleneck for performance. He can run movies, but the syncing with the audio is a bit slow.

As with all peripheral devices, make sure you have the updated drivers and all of the connections are securely fastened. But also check the specs of your graphics card(s) just to make sure it can handle the game. For your movie problem, check to see if you're missing any of the proper codecs you might need. Dedicated DVD players should be fine, but if you're using Windows Media Player or a general video player, download a codec pack such as K-Lite or CCCP (recommended).