Original - Lonely Wanderer

PlastikBag

This by far my best work so far. It's fairly simple, containing only 4 instruments throughout the entire song, but I think it turned out pretty awesome. I decided to play around with the drums for once, so this time they're actually kind of interesting(!). Ambient stuff, check it:

http://blabstation.net/jerry/Lonely%20Wandererv2.mp3

On a related note, I updated "Air". I think I'll just put it here instead of bumping that old thread. Didn't remove the piano, but took it up 2 octaves and made it more interesting, gave the lead a bit more bite by throwing a Scream4 distorter on it. Thanks Skrypnyk for the advice.

http://blabstation.net/jerry/Air.mp3

Well, lonely wanderer sounds nice, although I'm sure it can sound better. It's either the samples, or the mastering that kinda bothers me about the mix (or both). The flutish samples really sounds as if it's front and lead to the song, but the sustain notes keep overlapping each other, making it harder to listening to a melody, and they sound too much like a lead to really give ambiance.

The broken piano sound is nice though.

To recap: I believe, it could have used more ambiance to make it sound more ambient. Perhaps less sustain, more release? Perhaps a lower pad for some of the notes (i.e. don't have the flute playing everything). Perhaps more of an atmosphere sound. Perhaps even, lowering the volume a little bit.

As for Air, the piano at the beginning still kinda urks me. It doesn't sound as silky smooth as the rest of the song. It could be because of the delay, it could be because of the sample. Also, I think the square stab could be turned down just a weee bit.

With that being said, it's still a sexy piece of MP3, and I smell a potential epic trance remix of it.