OCR00828 - Final Fantasy VII "Heart's Anxiety"

Disco Dan

It's good. This music brings back some good memories of FF7. I'm not sure if it's me, but the beats seemed a little too loud especially for the first beat in every set. My speakers seemed to vibrate frantically. There was more emphasis on the beat than there was on the melody. Frankly, I don't think there would be anyway to change around the melody of this song and pass it off. I could be wrong though. This just my own opinion. Good work Ceracryst. I expect to see more :D

I may be a bit biased, given that Anxious Hearts was one of my favourite tracks from FFVII, but I think Ceracryst hit it dead on. It's a peculiar feeling the songe evokes - that of being both worried and comfortable at the same time. As with any console game of earlier days, hardware limitations often prevented composers from getting accross exactly what they had intended to be the soundscape of a particular moment in a game. I'd like to think that if Uematsu-san were able to redo the soundtrack for FFVII, the tune he would give us would sound an awful lot like this mix. It just feels right.

Sonically speaking, I'm very much impressed with the way the rich sound of the marimba used for the arpegio patterns complements the extremely dense sound of the distorted percussion, not to mention the dark, airy sound of the melody. Very slick, very appropriate. Full marks.

• 2 months later...

Wow. Fucking Wow. Usually I don't dig a minimalist approach to music in general, but this guy has found a way to really reinterpret anxious heart as the beautiful song it had the potential to be.

I didn't really like the song in the game, but man, this remix finds a way to reinvent the chord structure and explore it in such a new direction. I wish this was the song in the game.

Very emotional. Very well done. Easily one of the best songs i've ever heard, not just as a ReMix, but as music in general.

It's like new age meets industrial meets breakbeat meets..... I don't know. GREAT SONG. This is a song my vg-hating buddies could kick it to. Once again, for effect - Fucking Wow.

I'm sure you don't get enough recognition, so I wanted to say that this was just an awesome remix! It is so unique and just so beautiful, I just want to cry when i listen to it, and yeah, that's embarressing to say..so I'll just end it here before I embaress myself some more.

• 1 month later...

i really dig this one right up 'till the 2 and 3 min marks...

the tempo changes seem a little ill suited to the styles....this one woulda been dead on had it not been for those tempo changes... take the afforementioned out, and this remix woulda found a nice home in the soundtrack to fight club....

:nicework: definately nice work though for the most part

• 1 month later...

Some of my favorite remixes on this site are featured from FF7, and this song is no different. It is yet another reason why I must say FF7 was one of the best FF is my book not just for gameplay, but for the emotional feel it gave with its story and mostly its music.

Anxious Heart was a great song in FF7 for the forboding feel it gave, and Ceracryst did the song justice by giving that same feel with a cooler sound in his rendition, Heart's Anxiety. I love the burning sounds at 2:11, reminscent of the burning Nibelheim. If I could remake FF7 or continue from it, this song would earn a place in my books.

In a room a full of Mr. Ts, this song would have no trouble kicking all of their asses.

• 4 months later...

Ok, I've been sitting here at my computer all day working on a huge deadline and i've been listening to hundreds and hundreds of OC Remix tunes ALL day long... The people around me are looking at me funny because of some of the zanny interpretations, but hey, OC remix is about fun also. Anyways, I want to make this really breif, but I want you to know I have never felt compelled to write a review about other's remixes.... EVER... I guess you can call me lazy. Anyways, this is my first review, and I had to stop working and I had onto ocremix.org as FAST as humanly possible because I wanted to COMPLIMENT this incredible remix. I really don't have time to go into detail, other than to say overall what an INCREDIBLE job this is. It is amazing in every which possible way. I wish I could disect the song, but I'd be repeating myself in saying Good, Great, Wonderful, and Beautiful. I'm a musician of 18 years, so take my words of compliment. I've studied electronic music, industrial... etc... at College in great detail. This is great stuff.. I can't say that enough... :D

• 3 weeks later...

This ReMix is so great! First it's very bass-y (like Nine Inch Nails or something!). Then the middle of the song sounds very peaceful (there is just something that is very gratifying about that part of the song). That was quickly followed up by a soundclip of flames, which was also very cool. And then the song resolves itself really well. The entire song just reminds me of Aeris; it actually represents what happens to her if you think about... really good ReMix!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was sitting at my dinner table the other night and noticed two chords

in the background music of some television show that instantly brought

me to Nibelheim.. I figured there had to be a remix of this somewhere

on the site..

I don't really dig the percussion change at 3:00. It's just too upbeat for

the rest of the track.

Fun stuff otherwise though.. I really do like the sound of it.

edit:

Hah, i didn't even remember voting on this one way back in October of '02

... and I voted NO. :( Guess I really didnt' like that ending. Oh well, all's

well that ends well.

• 1 month later...

The people that bring up the 3:00 mark say they don't like it much. WHY? IT'S THE BEST PART! Very nice needed change in the song. All those varying notes n crud...am I the only one who likes music like that?

Anyway that's pretty much all I can say.

• 2 months later...
The people that bring up the 3:00 mark say they don't like it much. WHY? IT'S THE BEST PART! Very nice needed change in the song. All those varying notes n crud...am I the only one who likes music like that?

Anyway that's pretty much all I can say.

^^ No, i like the part after 3:00 a lot more than any other part of that song. I also gotta compliment on the drums, that turned out awesome! This is the best song i've heard at OC Remix. (Ive heard only about 30 however)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite remixes on the site. There's enough praise on the elements on the boards already, so I'm gonna state another point.

The first time I heard this, I was reading Circuity, and the song and the comic seemed to simply melt together for perfect cooperation. It may just be me, but I couldn't think of better mood music for the comic strip.

It works well if the song starts off about three pages into the comic, and the bottle-drums playing during the heightening scenes toward the end of the strip.

Circuity can be found as a recent addition to Megatokyo ( www.megatokyo.com )

Give it a shot.

I have the nine-page comic in pdf version if you want it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00828 - Final Fantasy VII "Heart's Anxiety"