The Judge Love Thread

I don't know about you guys, but since joining this community, I read about 75% of all the decisions handed down on submitted remixes in the "Judges Decisions" forum.

I've read like...100% of them lol. They're pretty interesting for me to see what is being sent in, what gets rejected and why, and when people actually resub. I'm looking forward to getting my skills up to a point where I can submit, and I think reading the decisions helps to point out pretty common pitfalls.

Anyway, despite all the joking in this thread, I really gotta hand it to the judges, especially to Larry for all he does for the site. It's not easy to take the time to do what they do, especially when it's just a hobby. Of course, props to djp for everything he does as well. I always find it funny when people bitch about the judges and whatnot (I mean when they actually complain, not just joke about it), since it demonstrates to me they just aren't dedicated enough to cultivating their musical talents to produce something worthwhile and instead of admitting to themselves that they're the only ones who can change that they would prefer to blame someone else.

Amen to that Penfold. I'm probably the worst remixer on the site right now, but you don't see me going emo and cutting my wrists then going flame-o bitching at the judges. They could be meaner you know. They could say stuff like "THIS SHIT SUCKS MY COCK!!! MY ASS COULD SHIT OUT A BETTER REMIX THAN YOUR LIQUID VOMIT THAT CONSTITUTES FOR A REMIX!!!"

They've only made me wanna try harder...problem is I'm a slow learner so I guess I'll keep on sending remixes to them that probably make their ears bleed whenever they hear em. Kudos to them for putting up with us n00bs and wannabes.

How about we judge the judge's music for once?

Then the foot will be in the other shoe.

That would be interesting as heck, but I think most of their remixes have also gone through the judges panel yo. Even Calamitous Judgment had a vote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhsu View Post

Oh I thought this thread was gonna be about zircon and pixietricks.

Ppppsshhh! Hahahaaaa. You should have read the first post man. It's all about how Liontamer is a cannibalistic gangsta. Hahaha.

Penfold and Hoboka, you guys are the bomb! That's exactly the kinda posts I'd like to see more of in here. I'm not pointing my finger at you guys, but Zircon said in another thread that when judges first start they're really enthusiastic, but despite how much great music WE hear, they have to judge TONS of really bad music that just starts to wear them down after a while. So thanks judges. I personally, would still love to do such a job though. ^_^

That would be interesting as heck, but I think most of their remixes have also gone through the judges panel yo. Even Calamitous Judgment had a vote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhsu View Post

Oh I thought this thread was gonna be about zircon and pixietricks.

Ppppsshhh! Hahahaaaa. You should have read the first post man. It's all about how Liontamer is a cannibalistic gangsta. Hahaha.

Penfold and Hoboka, you guys are the bomb! That's exactly the kinda posts I'd like to see more of in here. I'm not pointing my finger at you guys, but Zircon said in another thread that when judges first start they're really enthusiastic, but despite how much great music WE hear, they have to judge TONS of really bad music that just starts to wear them down after a while. So thanks judges. I personally, would still love to do such a job though. ^_^

Sorry I don't know how to do the quote thing properly, but I agree with you. If I were a judge I'd become rather uninspired to sugar coat my shit after about listening to around 1000 remixes 3/4 of which sound like crap.

On an off-subject note CHIPP damage, congrats on getting one of your remixes onto OCR, I've still yet to do that my self lol. To be honest the only area that really needs to be changed in OCR is a more helpful WIP site..

you know i have to say that 2high 2 furious thread did get a little ridiculous. I was one of the original posters who got off on a tangent (read it and you can see i apologized). Furthermore, i was just throwing around ideas that i felt were constructive criticism. Anyhow, it was crazy to see where that thread went and it was a little ridiculous.

People really started using it as an excuse to hate, and boy that being the first thread i ever POSTED in, way to start off on the right freakin foot!

Anyway im a little more accustomed to this site now and can honestly say that what they have goin on here is a cool deal. DJ Pretzel is one cool "dude" :)

(i dont think he liked it when i called him that before)

but my hats off to you guys, im looking forward to what you think of my music.

and for christ sake for THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE WHO WANNA JUST HATE ON THE JUDGES GET A NEW THREAD TO DO IT.

Lesson number one i learned the hard way, KEEP THE POST IN CONTEXT!

and for christ sake for THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE WHO WANNA JUST HATE ON THE JUDGES GET A NEW THREAD TO DO IT.

If my being a moderator didn't cue you to the inside joke, then I'll just spoil it - judgehate IS the judge love at OCR. Judge hate is still just judge hate, but judgehate is our mockery of the actual judge hate.

If my being a moderator didn't cue you to the inside joke, then I'll just spoil it - judgehate IS the judge love at OCR. Judge hate is still just judge hate, but judgehate is our mockery of the actual judge hate.

Yeah I was about to post that when I was like waaaait he's a moderator :P, I bet he knows Liontamer well - which someday I hope to do so myself :D

you know i have to say that 2high 2 furious thread did get a little ridiculous. I was one of the original posters who got off on a tangent (read it and you can see i apologized). Furthermore, i was just throwing around ideas that i felt were constructive criticism. Anyhow, it was crazy to see where that thread went and it was a little ridiculous.

People really started using it as an excuse to hate, and boy that being the first thread i ever POSTED in, way to start off on the right freakin foot!

Anyway im a little more accustomed to this site now and can honestly say that what they have groin on here is a cool deal. DJ Pretzel is one cool "dude" :)

(i dont think he liked it when i called him that before)

but my hats off to you guys, im looking forward to what you think of my music.

oh ok. wait wut?

ANOTHER VICTORY FO oh forget it i gots nothin but love. now back to derailing. oh wait.

ps: c wut i did there?