The Judge Love Thread

What Shariq said...even us on staff balance our times, and I'm a math grad student (really busy life).
This isn't good. I suggest you cut back on coming to OCR and concentrate on your education. Seriously. :\

lol ok guys not that bad i was exaggerating

awweee and im touched you guys care so much ;.; lofl :P

I hate the Judges, namely because they fit the criteria of being 'human'... But I suppose if the truth be told, when I go on my rampage to destroy humanity, if anyone says 'I'm a judge for OCRemix!' as I was about to kill them, I would make sure to demolish them completely, so they don't suffer like the rest...

Yeah, I suppose I have a soft spot, not that it'll matter for long... And by that, I mean that nobody will care, 'cause they won't be alive to care... You know, 'cause I killed 'em. n_n

Best First Post ever in the history of threads. This is swiftly turning into an awesome thread of retro UnMod proportions.

Thanks man! I'm glad SOMEBODY read the first post cause I'm sure that if everyone else did, they might have actually posted messages that are MORE APPROPRIATE TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD. But I digress.

I keep hearing this word, "unmod." What exactly is that; why does everyone seems to want it so much; and why, despite everyone's desire, did it get deleted or removed or eaten or whatnot?

Thanks man! I'm glad SOMEBODY read the first post cause I'm sure that if everyone else did, they might have actually posted messages that are MORE APPROPRIATE TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD. But I digress.

I keep hearing this word, "unmod." What exactly is that; why does everyone seems to want it so much; and why, despite everyone's desire, did it get deleted or removed or eaten or whatnot?

Long story short...

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6266

Have a read.

It's not 27 pages. It's 54 pages. Wouldn't it be easier just to tell me what it is? Judging by the name, it sounds like a big flame battle. FIRE! And that link only goes to a bunch of emotional teenagers complaining about the fact unmod is gone. It doesn't say anything about what it actually is. What the hell kinda "long story short" is that?! Huh? Huh? HUH?!

It's not 27 pages. It's 54 pages. Wouldn't it be easier just to tell me what it is? Judging by the name, it sounds like a big flame battle. FIRE! And that link only goes to a bunch of emotional teenagers complaining about the fact unmod is gone. It doesn't say anything about what it actually is. What the hell kinda "long story short" is that?! Huh? Huh? HUH?!

That's pretty much it - a lot of the complaints were whinefests, with a few valid points here and there.

haha hahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHAHA

thank you sir, you just made my day. possibly my month.

Glad I could help you out. Actually, your posted laughing made me break out in laughter too yo. I scratched your back and then you were kind enough to scratch mine. Thanks.

hey chipp, you got me thinking about something.

if any of you wanna show some "judge love" (apparently the few of you that there are), try thinking of some ideas that could benefit the site, or maybe make their life easier. I dunno or just be creative.

Maybe if your good with photoshop make a cool banner to post on other websites, or come up with some type of remix anthem for OCR that can be used for promoting OCR

How bout a desktop wallpaper with some ocr goodness?

Or if not, participate in the review roulette every once in a while and review songs or pick a random game youve never heard of that you wouldnt ever consider and give it a chance.

What the judges would probably appreciate is some community proactiveness even if not everything can be used.

They put in a lot of time, show some "love" by investing some of your own

if any of you wanna show some "judge love" (apparently the few of you that there are), try thinking of some ideas that could benefit the site, or maybe make their life easier. I dunno or just be creative.

Maybe if your good with photoshop make a cool banner to post on other websites, or come up with some type of remix anthem for OCR that can be used for promoting OCR

Or if not, participate in the review roulette every once in a while and review songs or pick a random game youve never heard of that you wouldnt ever consider and give it a chance.

What the judges would probably appreciate is some community proactiveness even if not everything can be used.

You've got some real sincere ideas, dude. I like that. Unfortunately with all the projects I have going, I can't do much more than I do already. My original intention in making this thread was to show the "judge love" by trying to change their job from a seemingly thankless one to something more appreciated by simply asking people to say, "Thank you." A judge once told me that people never thank them just for their judging service. So I started the thread and cracked some jokes in it along the way. But I DO have a plan for OCR though. I'm on the Japanese translation staff and I'm hoping that after I translate this whole freaking place that I can help create a huge Japanese following where I walk around outside and see people wearing OCR T-shirts and everybody knows CHIPP Damage as the guy from Niigata who made that Guilty Gear remix. And you can bet that if it became as popular as it is in America, Guilty Gear would be getting remixed left and right because it's just so damn hot out here man! ^_^

Hehe, if you're so addicted over this site, how's about you check out my remix WIP in the WIP thread labeled "Breath of Fire II Improvement" :P I'd like your opinion

You've got some real sincere ideas, dude. I like that. Unfortunately with all the projects I have going, I can't do much more than I do already. My original intention in making this thread was to show the "judge love" by trying to change their job from a seemingly thankless one to something more appreciated by simply asking people to say, "Thank you." A judge once told me that people never thank them just for their judging service. So I started the thread and cracked some jokes in it along the way. But I DO have a plan for OCR though. I'm on the Japanese translation staff and I'm hoping that after I translate this whole freaking place that I can help create a huge Japanese following where I walk around outside and see people wearing OCR T-shirts and everybody knows CHIPP Damage as the guy from Niigata who made that Guilty Gear remix. And you can bet that if it became as popular as it is in America, Guilty Gear would be getting remixed left and right because it's just so damn hot out here man! ^_^

And OCR will become just as more popular...the judges will be pelted by constant attacks of noobs and wannabes ^_^ Liontamer's like NOOO not MORE HOBOKA's!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH I NEED MORE BEEF AND MEAT *explodes*

JK Liontamer, you're cool - thanks for putting up with my newbiness

What he said!

(I'm doing this too soon, I'm just terribly busy with uni preparations.. even half a year before uni lol)

Yeah, he's right though. If you want something reviewed you gotta do some reviewing yourself. I could never understand bands out here that say please come to our next show, when all they do is hang out in the lobby or backstage until it's their turn to play. I always watch all the bands that are playing at the same show as I am with the rest of the audience.

Well, you are doing a good job, considering how you showed me how foolish my last screen name was, thereby making my trust in others that much less, but that is less to do with you than with my hate for 'people'. Thanks though. You'll probably be a major help to OCR...

But for me, I don't think I would have time for anything more than side-line support, cheering the judges on, in a few weeks... As it is, I also have other obligations to another website I need to prioritize as well.

Well, you are doing a good job, considering how you showed me how foolish my last screen name was, thereby making my trust in others that much less, but that is less to do with you than with my hate for 'people'. Thanks though. You'll probably be a major help to OCR...

But for me, I don't think I would have time for anything more than side-line support, cheering the judges on, in a few weeks... As it is, I also have other obligations to another website I need to prioritize as well.

Jeez man, you make it seem like the previous person who helped you translate your name did that to you on purpose. I don't think that was the case. And your last handle wasn't bad at all, it was funny yo. Anyway, thanks. Don't hate people or be pessimistic or do drugs. ^_^ I'll try my best too!

• 2 weeks later...

After that great poem by big giant circles in the "I have 0 remixes to judge" thread. I think it's time for this thread to get some more love. Anybody got the courage to post something NICE?

I'm gonna post a giant smiley face now.

^_____________________________________________________________________________^