Free "Phater" Distortion Guitar! Only Requirement: Reason 3.0

Demo - Final Fantasy 8 Battle

Demo - Gilgamesh

Demo - Blue Moon 2 - Theme

:

First, you should listen to one of the demos above.

:

Using only the factory soundset, I've created a "Rock Band Simulation". There is no way with one patch to create the muting effects of a real guitar, but you can still capture the essence of the phatness.

:

What I would like to ask of people here is to spread this template farther. The "recover password" part of cominator hq isn't working for me, so I don't have a way of getting this damned thing around to more people. ;-(

:

:: Download Template Here ::

:

:

:: Patches included are ::

:

Reason_Guitar - Three guitars combined, HEAVYGTR with

Reason_Bass - the .zyp synth bass guitar.

Reason_Drums - Two drum kits combined in stereo to create a very phat sound

Reason_Lead - A lead guitar containing 3 different synths combined. Portamento for slides (bends)

:

Using only these 4 tracks you should be able to create and accomplish a very full sound, and using the effects (phaser, distortion, even foldback distortion) you should be able to create a number of combinations. Test it out by re-creating parts from songs! ;-)

Your welcome, and I'm sure this could be built on to create a more fuller sound. If you have a Combinator HQ account make sure to spread the love. x_x

The Orkester...hmm....I think one good way to go about that is use...maybe...the Cadenza soundfont or some other one of the "higher quality" soundfonts with a string section sound, get violins;

Reason Violins: Pan Right

Cadenza String Section: Pan Left

Solo Violin Soundfont: 50% Right

Solo Violin Reason: 50% Left

Record your line, then hit record and with the mixer drag the volume levels up and down to adjust te envelopes.

I think that's one way...although it'll probably still be lacking compared to that Gold Orchestra....

It disappoints me that Reason 3 is just such a convinient tool, and super memory effecient; (runs even on my celeron 1.3 Ghz just fine with 4 ms latency via ASIO4ALL) and it lacks in certain places. Though, for orchestral, you could try Garritans lite for Reason 3 for $100. It's pretty new, over at www.garritan.com.

What do you mean 100? It's 80 bucks for a download. And aside from that, is it really just a lite verison of their flagship product, GPO? Or does it contain all the samples the GPO VST has? I can't figure out why the VST costs 200 and the refill is only 80.

I'm not sure, but my guess is that they call it 'lite' because it dosn't have some of the features that the kontakt sampler does. I think, for example, it has knobs like "var1" and "var2" to add more variation to the sound so that when you play it it's not completely in tune (the more you put it up the more out of a tune it becomes randomly). I really think that GPO lite for Reason 3 would be just as good, though, since you have 2 times the power in Reason with a good orchestra.

In fact, I'd say that Reason just needs a couple things to become invincible like A) A good assortment of distortion guitars B) Nylon and Steel guitars as good as Realguitar2 C) Orchestral samples like Garritans that come with the base product. D) Some realistic world instruments with realistic bending (somehow) like Erhu

It would just be so awsome to have everything in Reason 3 and that's that (east west libraries require a mega-computer with 100+ GB). For now it's just as good to come up with stuff using the combinator.