Things that make you go "Whaaaaa....!!??"

Brushfire

Another thing that makes me go "whaaa" is this big controversy Filipinos are throwing over this comment made on Desperate Housewives apparently. I don't watch the show but the comment went something like this.

Okay before we go any further, can I check those diplomas? 'Cause I would just like to make sure that they are not from some med school in the Philippines.

A friend of mine is in San Francisco right now and he came across a huge protest in front of a Disney store over it. Apparently it pissed people off in the Philippine government as well. Its understandable to a point, there is a lot of pretty nasty stereotyping out in the media and medical staff brought in from the Philippines do quite a bit. Well they got an apology from ABC but this is where I start to go "whaaa". Apparently thats not enough. Wiki Copypasta...

"However - several Philippine representatives demanded further reprimands, and Philippine senator Rodolfo Biazon and congressman Bienvenido Abante Jr. stated that they wanted to take the show off air in the Philippines. The Philippine Medical Association, on the other hand, wants an aired apology before the start of the next episode and to remove the controversial scene for future airings and for DVD."

I mean...isn't that going a bit extreme over a TV show? Not to mention the fact maybe all this sensitivity could accidentally create another stigma ironically, as well as the fact all this controversy will probably just give the show more ratings even more ironically.

Now let's see any of those POed people watch the news.

The sheer stupidity of some people. That makes me go "whaaaa??!!"

That and also the random shirts I see in the mall. I wish I had a picture of this but it was a shirt that said "Gorilla Warfare" and had picture of Dr. Zeaus from Planet of the Apes above a M-16. The best part was the brand name label. "FUCT"