OCR01629 - Jade Cocoon "People Made of Stone"

djpretzel

Wow this mix was a pleasant surpise from a game I've never even heard of. Anything song with ethnic influences can have my children. After watched Akira the drum work in the intro really feels at home. I think the panflute was the correct choice, but it seems to sit on top of the mix at the end instead of blending in. I will def be listening to this mix, really some excellent stuff with a nice ambience. The snyth work is simple yet high effective and blends in perfectly. Which IMO is one of the hardest things about blending genres is getting the synths to fit with the natural instruments.

Ooh look at me, my name's OSO, I write crazy ethnic beats for really old games Fishy had a demo for but couldn't find the game instore. Honestly...

Oh btw this rawks.

I can send you a copy of Jade Cocoon for a couple of £ if you'd like ;)

also. YOU'RE ALL MY FRIENDS AND THAT'S WHY YOU LIKE THIS, LOL!

haha, j/k, kisses and hugs to each and everyone reviewing :)

This is really good, I like the introduction and then the movement to another style. I didn't think anyone wud make a remix on Jade Cocoon for the simple fact I thought I was the only one in the world who actually bought this game lol.. but I have to say u did great (again) :grin:

The one thing that gets to me is the last note. The dip bugs me!

That's my favorite part XD Makes the bass sound like a fretless and badly played! woo!

Nice mix, Another Soundscape is proving to be a versatile character. o.o

By the way, where did you ever find Jade Cocoon's original soundtrack?

Where I found it is a secret ;)

you can find it here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-49-en-70-jad-40-extended.html

But please don't buy it, because I'm planning to do that :D

EDIT: oh yeah, thanks for all the kind words

You're kidding! Jade Cocoon? Here? I always hoped, but never truly thought, that I would see it on OCR. And here I find not only the song I whistle on my way home from work, while cooking, while wandering streets...but I find it rendered more powerfully than I am used to, giving it reason to persist on in my head during other pursuits, still, so many years and years after I'd played it at the same age the Remixer did. I am so grateful that this mix is out there, that it made it past customs, so to speak, and out where I can sink my teeth once more into the musical comfort food that was Jade Cocoon.

You're kidding! Jade Cocoon? Here? I always hoped, but never truly thought, that I would see it on OCR. And here I find not only the song I whistle on my way home from work, while cooking, while wandering streets...but I find it rendered more powerfully than I am used to, giving it reason to persist on in my head during other pursuits, still, so many years and years after I'd played it at the same age the Remixer did. I am so grateful that this mix is out there, that it made it past customs, so to speak, and out where I can sink my teeth once more into the musical comfort food that was Jade Cocoon.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It looks like we feel exactly the same :)

Haven't heard of this game previously and haven't yet heard the source material, but I'm really enjoying this ReMix.

I can see what Avaris was saying about the pan flute being maybe a bit too forward, but I didn't think it was really a negative thing. The only thing I didn't care for too much was the ending, especially how after the crash and everything began fading I still heard a little percussion (not sure if that was some sorta hand percussion or a woodblock or what) on 1 and 3. Anyway, even that's a pretty minor complaint. I really hope to hear more from you soon, and keep up the great work!! :-D

Great percussive textures but wtflolz at that ending. :P

This mix has a great feeling throughout and is great for spending peaceful days traveling on a long journey.

I agree that the pan flute is too far foward and could use a bit of echo or something to have it fit in the mix, but it's a pretty minor deal.

Nice work, i like it a lot.

You have no idea how excited I was to see a remix of Sirus Village. Now I have a 5th version! :D

It's certainly different than the other four that are on the soundtrack. But it's a good thing!

Alas, if only you had remixed The Blue Cocoon Master ~ Kolis instead. :? Far and away my favorite, though Sirus Village is a close second. Legend of Arcana 3rd. Why the hell didn't Kolis get a variant on the OST? >_>

Anyway, this brought back some really good memories, thank you for that. Played this when I was a kid too. Appropriately named. Such a tragic event never undone.

Very interesting blend of styles. I especially dig the section after 1:40, when the remix becomes more powerful. This adds a certain "epicness" to the song, which I didn't expect to hear in a rather quiet, ethnic arrangement.

But I have to say that I am one of the people who aren't that fond of the end. The pan flute, however, while being quite forward, didn't really bug me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01629 - Jade Cocoon "People Made of Stone"