OCR01629 - Jade Cocoon "People Made of Stone"

djpretzel

Well, this took me by surprise! Jade Cocoon's soundtrack is sadly overlooked, as was the game itself. I particularly liked how you kept the tribal elements intact without making them sound out of place in the ReMix. The 3:12 segment is extremely well done and nostalgic as well, different in style but it connects seamlessly. Altogether an excellent track.

It even woke me up and cured my headache. That's good remix there. =)

The Jade Cocoon soundtrack is an untapped well of musical goodness that was just begging for a proper remix, and it finally got one. I look forward to any further work you do, either on JC or anything else!

"Try and sleep, if you must, but I will wake you with my dust..." - Man, memories are just flooding back...

Just wanted to let you know that this ReMix impressed me so much that I actually bothered coming to the review topic to say how much I actually liked it. It rocked dude, and so did your stuff on the album - I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Just wanted to let you know that this ReMix impressed me so much that I actually bothered coming to the review topic to say how much I actually liked it. It rocked dude, and so did your stuff on the album - I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart.

Expect some new remixes soon enough ;)

EDIT: Damnit. I have to stop thanking everyone. This review thread is 50% me saying thanks :(((

OH SWEET GOD OF JESUS.

Erm well, I just saw and listened to this remix and felt an urge to register here just to tell you how AWESOME this remix is! I love this game and the music (PSP ftw), and this is one of the best tracks ever. Been looking for Jade Cocoon remixes a lot before but not until now did one show up... very good job!

I hope you can bring us more JC sweetness. :) As good as Sirus Village is, I think the main theme is even better. But it might be hard to remix...

And in case you haven't seen this special remix of Sirus Village, check it out:

;)

LOVE to you man!

OH SWEET GOD OF JESUS.

Erm well, I just saw and listened to this remix and felt an urge to register here just to tell you how AWESOME this remix is! I love this game and the music (PSP ftw), and this is one of the best tracks ever. Been looking for Jade Cocoon remixes a lot before but not until now did one show up... very good job!

I hope you can bring us more JC sweetness. :) As good as Sirus Village is, I think the main theme is even better. But it might be hard to remix...

And in case you haven't seen this special remix of Sirus Village, check it out:

;)

LOVE to you man!

Wow, that video made me all happy :D I'm glad there are others like me out there.

I will try to remix the main theme soon, it's one of my all-time favorite songs, but I'm very caught up in other projects and school at the moment.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your support! Expect new remixes by me soon enough ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally digging the ethnic-techno stylin's. Kinda like zircon's "The World Circuit". It's come a long, long way since I heard the WIP you sent me, and it went from "awesome" to "ZOMGKICKASS". (Yeah, I still have the wip on my HDD)

Keep up the good werkz anso!

(And I'll beat Psychonauts one of these days. I swear it.)

I'm totally digging the ethnic-techno stylin's. Kinda like zircon's "The World Circuit". It's come a long, long way since I heard the WIP you sent me, and it went from "awesome" to "ZOMGKICKASS". (Yeah, I still have the wip on my HDD)

YOU BETTER! Psychonaaaauuts! wooo!

also, thanks ;)

Seconded. Except I don't have Psychonauts.

But I'll beat it someday!

• 2 months later...

I just rediscovered this track when I finally got around to loading up all the remixes into my player to go back over them again. Being a musical know-nothing I can't really comment on the technical aspects of the piece, but I can say without hesitation that this song is incredibly enjoyable. I love the way that it seems to envelop the listener with the ambient deep bass, and yet it continues to drive a nice beat all along. I can't really put the rest of my comments into any semblance of competent critique, so I'll have to settle for offering a round of applause, and a hearty bravo.

• 4 weeks later...

This is an amazing AMAZING remix! I love jade cocoon! Brings back so many memories of my childhood when me and my friends would play out the game in the forest. lol we were dorks! **we are dorks!

I just bought the soundtrack off ebay. worth every penny! You need to make more! *searching for jade cocoon tracks was actually how I found this site and why I joined it lol! so thank you!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

AnSo's debut mix is still one of the most impressive ones, and it's up against some really strong internal-competition with his other songs! I love the instrumental variety that unfortunately feels kinda lacking from some of the songs I've heard from him as of late :? I definitely wanna hear more stuff like this in the future!

I can totally see this being used in a variety of different contexts and having it fit great in any of them. Epic final battle, car chase in the streets of Japan... I dunno, but it's a great multi-faceted remix that should not be left unnoticed! :-D

• 1 year later...

Ah, chill, electronica, ethnic, synth - these tags describe my favorite remixes. Another Soundscape lives up his name, because that's what he creates best - beautiful, enveloping, encompassing, expansive soundscapes. Just listening to this puts me into a sort of reflective, ponderous, negative thoughts-turned-positive trance everytime.

• 1 year later...

This is the mix that first brought me into the site a year ago, and it's still one of my very favorites.

I have no ability to discuss composition, but it's tribal sound and easy melody really grip my imagination. The diversity is great, and transitioned well, I think.

Truly a "soundscape". (:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01629 - Jade Cocoon "People Made of Stone"