Final Fantasy VI Album Project - Looking For Help

Nacho

I'm new here and confused where to put this, so I apologize if I put this post in the wrong thread. I checked the "Album Project Guidelines" and 1) I'm not interested in this being an official OCR album & 2) I couldn't start a thread in that forum, so I thought this would be the best place to start.

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Alex "Nacho" Martinez. I got the nickname "Nacho" from being in a band 7 years ago and it has stuck with me ever since. I've been playing the bass for 10 years and have picked up rhythm guitar over that time. My background is mainly focused around rock, with many of my influences coming from 311, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Primus, Incubus, Smashing Pumpkins, Sublime & the Deftones.

I've been wanting to re-create this album (Final Fantasy VI) with my own style for awhile but haven't had the time and/or resources until recently. I plan on having the main rhythm section on every song being:

* 7 String Electric Guitar, standard tuning (B-E-A-D-G-B-E)

* 5 String Electric Bass, standard tuning (B-E-A-D-G)

* Regular Drum Kit

The twist will be that the lead on the songs will be played on a 5 string bass, but I will remove the 2 lower strings and replace them with higher strings that are found on a 7 string bass, with the final tuning being (A-D-G-C-F).

I will handle the bass sections. I have drummers & guitarists on hand willing to participate as well. I have a friend with massive amounts of recording equipment, so recording all live instruments will not be an issue.

I plan on using almost every minute as I can on a full CD (80 minutes), with the main songs being tackled:

* Opening Theme

* Battle Medley (Combination of Battle Theme, the Decisive Battle & the Fierce Battle)

* The whole Opera scene with FULL vocals [i have killer vocalists willing to record] (Overture, Aria Di Mezzo Caraterre, the Wedding Waltz, Duel, Grand Finale?)

* Dancing Mad

* Ending Theme (Yes, I plan on tackling this whole song)

Whatever space is left, I will fill up with other songs, such as Mystery Train, Dark World, Epitaph, Slam Shuffle, Mt. Koltz, Kids Run Through the City Corner, etc.

What I Would Need From You

1) Percussion. I'd need good drum beats & ideas. I'm not very good at coming up with creative beats AT ALL. I've got creative drummers to handle any spots where we can't come up with something, but I'd like to hear a good "assembled" version of a song before starting the recording process.

2) Help with Writing. While I enjoy coming up with remixes on my own, I know that these songs could be a bit better with some help. I would initially put together the song, and then if you had any input to make that base part of it better, I would welcome those suggestions.

3) Adding Little Sounds. If it sounds good, I want you to add it. Want to add strings? Add it. Want to add acoustic guitar? Add it. Think piano would be a nice touch in a certain area? Add it. As long as the base of the song is intact, I would want you to add any little sounds to improve it as a whole.

How The Process Would Work

1) I will create the song using Sibelius & then transfer MIDI over to Fruity Loops 7. Using Fruity Loops, I will create the drums, bass, lead bass & guitar sounds using what they have. Now I know they don't have the greatest sound, but if you can imagine what it'll sound like with live instruments, then it'll suffice.

2) I will send the song to you for your process (percussion, writing & sounds). We will continue to exchange until the song is complete.

3) Once all songs are completed, I will go into the recording studio. I will record all the parts, mix & then send back to you.

4) At which you will add all the little sounds from the "assembled" songs to the recorded songs. Send back to me and...

5) I will master & complete!

It'll be a long project, but I have no doubt it could be pretty good at the end.

I'm not looking for someone to be able to handle all the songs, so you'd be able to pick and choose. However, if you'd like to handle this project with me through most of the way, I'd be willing to let you do so.

Please also remember that even though I have a very open mind, please don't take offense if there is something I don't like. Since it would be my project, I would want the final word, but based on all the remixes I've heard on this site, I doubt I will have any complaints.

If you are interested, please let me know. My e-mail is alex@gamersoundtracks.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

P.S. Once again, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, I just didn't know where to put it. Thanks.

This actually might be the correct forum, since you're basically looking for people to flesh out things you've already written or will be writing... and this is the forum to seek out that type of thing.

However the continued progress of this project, eg. works in progress and other announcements, should be made in the WIP forum.