Nitro Game Injection VG Music Webcast: Sundays, 6 PM Eastern

KyleJCrb

Old to some, new to most, Nitro Game Injection is my weekly video game music webcast that has been around since early 2003 (though until recently the show was on hiatus for over a year).

Recently hitting the milestone of it's 100th episode, the show has been revamped and given a new direction. Featuring AkumuHau as my co-host, NGI now has a more direct focus on the community itself, with news announcements, featured artists, album reviews, and community discussion. Interviews with a number of well-known names of the video game arrangement/composition scene are currently being planned for future shows, as well. Akumu brings with his extensive knowledge of the Asian doujin scene, and NGI now features a heavy emphasis on the doujin community, in an effort to bring these artists more to light to western audiences. Don't worry, though: We haven't forgotten the familiar faces from the American/European arrangement scene, or your favorite original game soundtrack composers. We even take requests, via email.

The show is streamed live every Saturday at 6 PM Eastern time, and MP3 downloads are available after the show is over if you happened to miss it. There is also an IRC chatroom available that's quite active during the show. Everything you'll need to know is right here:

Show: Nitro Game Injection

Time: Every Saturday night, 3 PM to 6 PM Pacific Time - 6 PM to 9 PM Eastern time

Stream Address: http://kngi.servegame.com

Official website: http://www.kngi.org/

Request line: nitrogameinjection@gmail.com (Put "Request" in the subject line, and include a link to your request in case we don't have it)

Chat: #ngi on irc.esper.net, or at this link

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/nitrogameinjection (featuring an MP3 downloads and playlists of the latest shows)

Hope to see you there!

I listened in to most of last night's show, and I enjoyed it enough to want to listen again next week. The Daniel Brown interview was pretty interesting as well. His Final Phantom project seems like a pretty neat concept; I think I might check that out later.

How long after the show are the MP3s and Playlists posted? There's one song in particular that I really enjoyed, but can't find anywhere (I think it was Yuu: "The end of 1000 years" [Melty Blood]), so I'd like to have the show recording, if only for that one song.

EDIT: Found it. Once I found this, it was no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Nitro Game Injection episode 103 is now available for download here. (Playlist)

This week we talked to Larry "Liontamer" Oji, reviewed Powerglove's "Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man" and the Power Up! compilation, and Akumu finally tells us the story of his most shameful video game purchase ever. Grab it for that and more!

Also, if you missed 102 don't forget to pick it up here.

NGI now has it's own official website, found at http://www.kngi.org/. We plan on updating it as we release shows, along with exclusive written content not featured during eisodes, profiles of our guests, and a whole lot more. Check it out!

Also, from Akumu, here's what's going on this weekend:

This sunday Nitro Game Injection will have a Mario special show to celebrate the release of the highly anticipated Super Mario Galaxy!! The show will feature the best doujin and official works from the amazing Mario series, from Super Mario Bros to Mario’s Hotel, be sure to tune in and relive memories with Mario Series music!

Also our guest this week is the most promising chiptune artists to break out the last few years, Eirik “Phlogiston” Suhrke. From Norway and close real life friend of Akumu, He will share his stories of Mario in his childhood, making music on the NES sound chip, his chiptune label II and everything else on his mind.

Phlogiston will also help us start a new section to NGI, II Play, where we will showcase the latest works from the chiptune label II, we are very excited about this and hope people will enjoy the newest outings of the best chiptune music available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...