Transformers Score

Shadow Wolf

OK, so I got the Transformers Score the second it dropped yesterday. Ever since I saw it on July 7th, I've wanted to hear ONE song again: The bit that played when Bumblebee signalled the Autobots and they dropped into Earth's atmosphere. I loved it in the theater.

So I throw it into iTunes, and what do I find? It's called Arrival to Earth. Click play. Not only was it as absolutely amazing as I remembered, Steve Jablonsky was allowed to do a complete album cut for every song on this CD, so it's 5.5 bloody minutes long! I also found out this song is referenced in most of the others on the CD, effectively making it the theme song for the movie. Didn't notice when I was watching it. For me at least, every song on this CD is somewhere between great and mind blowing. I love soundtracks like this.

Basically, I found out the unbelievable awesomeness of the movie itself was distracting me from an utterly amazing cinematic score. MAD props to Steve Jablonsky.

What did you guys think?

Oh one more thing. If you'd like to discuss Transformers in their numerous and sundry incarnations, this is not the thread you're looking for. Start one in Unmod.

EDIT: My age is showing. Since Unmod hasn't been there for roughly a year, try OffTop.

I don't have much to say about the Transformers soundtrack, since I've only heard bits and pieces, but it seems fairly epic and the sort of thing I'd enjoy. Steve Jablonsky also scored the anime film Steamboy, which is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time; very epic in scope, lots of heavy brass and string parts, but also some nice, soft, emotional themes. In Steamboy, the main character's theme is used a few times throughout the score to great effect, and absolutely gets me every time I hear it. If you enjoyed the Transformers soundtrack, then I'd highly recommend checking out both the Steamboy film and--especially--soundtrack. Additionally, Jablonsky scored The Island, a film (and soundtrack) that I also thoroughly enjoyed.

Steamboy = not the most creative name ever, but I'll definitely check a movie if it has a good soundtrack. But yeah, this score CD is 58 minutes of epic badassness. Not only that, Warner has said they'll consider releasing a 90 minute complete cut of the score if they get enough response from this one.

An now I shall continue watching Transformers. Generation 1.

I was just reading this thread, and had to go and check out this music for myself....Wow. It's every bit as good as the score he'd composed for the movie "The Island". (Thank you for the suggestion! I nearly forgot how much I loved this movie's score :) ) Anybody here listen to that score, as well? It's got plenty of great tracks, my favorites being "The Island Awaits You" and "My Name is Lincoln", along with "Mass Winnings".

This guy seriously has some talent...He's apparently worked on everything from some of the music in the Pirates of the Caribbean Movies, to a bit of the music in Metal Gear Solid 2. (That's according to IMDb, at least.) Also did the full score for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, and is working on the score for its expansion pack.