Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe announced!!!~

NeoForte

Wha... but... how... not own a DS?

Wow. Are you poor? Or live in a third-world country? Are you Amish, but hide it pretty well from the others?

How does one even remotely involved in video games not own a DS?

Do you want my DS (non lite)? It still works fine, and you can have it for free. Or maybe all of us pitch in and we buy you one.

I am shocked.

Some of us use money for bigger projects. In my case i dont have a DS because i plan on building a gaming rig.

The Amazing Mirror did a pretty good job of following up on Superstar's gameplay
SuperStar had more than one move for its powers. There were dashing moves and jump moves at a minumum for each ability. Some powers had up to eight attacks, like wrestling and ninja. Or am I on the wrong page here?

Superstar definitely had the best movesets -- I was just pointing out that it's not the only Kirby game to do so. Squeak Squad had 2 moves per power, which is a step in the right direction. With that said, SS is still the best of the series...one of those games I'm glad to say I played on an actual SNES back in the day.

Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe. This is actually a remake of the 1996 Super Famicom title, the site reports, with new stages and three new mini games. The game doesn't even use the stylus for its controls. Based on comments from the development staff, it seems like you'll earn new mini games as you clear previous ones.

from IGN's hands on with games at the conference.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826640p1.html?RSSwhen2007-10-11_122000&RSSid=826640

I might be with Dhsu on this one - DL3 was just way too awesome. Now all that aside, this does still look great. I'd almost consider it if the L-button on my DS wasn't blown...I really should call Nintendo's repair line thing because I don't feel like trying to open it myself. But pretty much that limits me to just Phantom Hourglass out of all these new games.... :?

If you are made of seriousness then I will totally and unequivocally take it off your hands.

No, I'm not serious. Sorry for being a tease, but it's my back-up, and I may be giving it to someone else later. Besides, the Lite is better in every way. Longer battery life, better color, better screens, better light, better buttons, better everything. The only problem is when you have a GBA cart in it. It sticks out. If you don't play GBA games, then it's not a problem.

Maybe if you had a wishlist for christmas, and there was a way for people here to throw a few bucks in, like on amazon or something... then maybe you could get one.

I might be with Dhsu on this one - DL3 was just way too awesome. Now all that aside, this does still look great. I'd almost consider it if the L-button on my DS wasn't blown...I really should call Nintendo's repair line thing because I don't feel like trying to open it myself. But pretty much that limits me to just Phantom Hourglass out of all these new games.... :?

DL3 sucked balls. DL2 is where it's at.

But, as has already been established, Superstar was the best.

Dream Course, by the way, was also awesome.

This thread makes me happy, because I always thought I was one of the few people who appreciated Superstar's greatness!

Talk about awesome game play, especially the co-op! Using the boomerang/sword thing was too awesome with your 3 hit combo and uppercut move (that made it's way into smash bros). Some of the level design was pretty deep as well, remember that treasure hunt level (there was always 1 I couldn't find) and of course the epic meta-knight scenario!!!

I played this game for hours, several times through with my brother. Big win for this thread.

Kirby Superstar is my favorite videogame. Ever.

A handheld remake worries me. Particularly the downscaling from the 512 x 448 pixel SNES game to the 256 x 192 pixel DS screen. On the other hand, the AWESOME cutscenes look very promising. I will definitely purchase the game regardless. Maybe it's best I keep my stardards from skyrocketing.

I liked Dreamland 3 more than KSS for a while... but then DL3 lost replay value with age (despite its wonderful aesthetic). KSS gets better with every playthough.

Kirby's Dreamcourse is really hard and fun and awesome I love it.

I have the original Hoshi no Kaabi courtesy of Japan.

Dreamland 2 is the only game to cause me to feel genuinely depressed. I can't play those cloud levels anymore. (good game overall)

Kirby's Blockball needs more love. That game had good music.

Oh, man am I glad to hear this!

Kirby Super Star was easily one of my top 3 for SNES.

What I loved about it is why I think it did so much better than all the other Kirby's out their.

Multiple moves for one ability.

I loved how I could pull off 5 different moves with EACH ability (except for wheel, that had like 4).

But yea, I will throw money at this, THROW I SAY!!!

I like Kirby more and more with every game I play. I've beaten Dreamland, Dream Course, Amazing Mirror, and Canvas Curse. I can't wait for this to come out so I can see the best game ever too.

Also I play Air Ride, but I doubt that really counts. Fun game though.