OCR00850 - *YES* Super Metroid 'Maridia (Drowned in Exile)'

m68030

CotMM here with my newest offering to the world, the theme of

Maridia (Rocky Underwater) from Super Metroid, entitled

"Drowned In Exile" and dedicated to Melanie Harding.

Been working on this one for over a month now, I'm finally happy enough

with it to give it to ya'll for shredding.

Incidentally, I'd really like for the dedication to show up in the write up (:

EDIT: Old post:

If I ever went to Maridia (and Im not talkin Mel's house) and just stood around in the murky undergrowth of the planet's innards I would EXPECT someone to be playing this song for me. One of those flying doormats would probably kill me before I got the chance anyway. Not to mention there is no oxygen etc.

ANYWAY. very moody and x00l. Another Cottm crazy synthfest.

gj YES

-Pro

EDIT: Sorry man, I gotta be fair. Try 160vbr, it will make under 6 megs and still sound great. I really dont see why not.

EDIT: Sorry man, I gotta be fair. Try 160vbr, it will make under 6 megs and still sound great. I really dont see why not.

*sigh* This keeps coming up with my remixes recently. Is 700 extra

kilobytes really too much to ask? Less than the contents of a

single density Amiga floppy. :(

Yes... I probably can encode this to a smaller file, but it really makes me

sad to have to do it. The guidelines do say SHOULD be under 6 megs.

Have mercy on me? (:

Well, we've let through remixes that are this good that are over 6 megs...

The last one I remember was .05mb over the limit.

Sorry, the limit has to be set somewhere, and though we've let it slide if it's just a teeny bit over 6 megs, you're pushing it with .42mb.

NO.... Until we get a smaller file. Then this remix kicks way too much ass to not post!

Im sure this mix is as damn good as everyone says it is, but I have to ask why it's even in this forum. Why not just send it to djp directly? Seems to make more sense to me, and with a known name, it seems you'd have a better chance of getting it posted faster than going through this forum. Anyway, I don't see any point in voting on this. Don't mean to be a hardass or anything, but it does seem kind of superfluous to me...

DC

I think nothing would get this posted faster than if I were to vote yes. Sorry I didn't write more but I'm coming off of a 12 hours shift. I...I just can't do it, nor can I keep Matthew (or the fans) waiting any longer.

I guess I'll just have to post a review for it one of these days 8)

EDIT: I've locked the thread because orky said he'd change his vote upon the submission of a smaller sized file. Well CotMM has complied so I take it to mean that orky's no has >>>> to a yes, which makes mine the deciding vote.

Melanie must be ecstatic.

Did someone remove the link on a yes vote before I could get to it myself . . . again? :twisted: Argh, ye mates! I need linkage something fierce!

Seriously though, I can take care of removing the link myself on all yes votes, and the last few times I've had to track down the link because it was posted directly here and not sent to me via email. I told CotMM that was how I'd do it, but either way's cool, so long as I get the link. Anyone? Bueller?