EA buys BioWare

Azure Prower

Hm...am I the only one who thinks this might not be so bad? Bioware gets tons of money, support from a huge publisher...

Course if EA starts to butt in on development, that could make for a nasty headache for the Bioware guys, but with any luck they're just looking to make profits off of Bioware's hugely successful products.

Not to mention that Pandemic, who I am not entirely familiar with, could probably use the money and marketing push as well.

As part of the EA deal, I'll give you my two cents.

You know what bothers me MOST about the deal? That nobody fucking CARES that we're (Pandemic) are even involved in the deal. Nothing crushes morale when you're part of a $800+ million dollar deal (the biggest in industry history) and you are less than a footnote in the great shitstorm of internet reprisal.

Because we all know and love BioWare. We don't know who or what Pandemic is...

...Well, I know they developed the awesome game Star Wars Battle Front II. But that's about it. They're not really as famous as BioWare.

Sorry. :(

I don't think it's so bad that EA bought Bioware and Pandemic. Sure EA is a huge company but they are so huge because they generally (excluding sports titles) have pretty good games. They are after all the biggest video game producing company on the planet. But time has shown that bigger companies taking smaller companies is overall a good thing (i.e. Bungie and Microsoft).

Now let the grilling of me begin!!

I can see them making their own console in a few years.

Yes, I can see it already:

Every console we've ever seen has games to put in it. But with EA's, you literally put the console in the game. You buy games titled "Madden" and "NHL", each with a big square-shaped hole in it. The box-shaped "EA-Hole" fits inside, allowing you to play games with the motion-sensing "EA-mote controller". Instead of releasing new games every year, all your games are automatically updated when you buy the annually-released "EA-Hole 20XX" console. But don't worry, you can still go back and play the previous year's versions, assuming your year-old console still works. Due to the sheer power and versatility of this console, it tends to contain a lot of bugs. Fortunately for us, EA has already bought 55% of all extermination companies across the world, now operating under the name "EA Bugs" 'There's Bugs In The Game'. Now trained professionals can come to your home and apply patches to your console, so some of the bugs don't crawl out. But even if patches are not applied, there's no need to worry about permanent infestation, as each year's new console contains bugs that prey on the previous year's bugs.

No offense to EA by the way ;-)

My cousin Tracy is married to one of the writers there, Luke.

Just sayin'.

And I've been in their offices a few times, and the first time I went, they gave me free stuff, like a MDK2 shirt and game, and some comics, and other cool stuff. And I know where they eat, it's downstairs from their new office on the south side of Edmonton, and...

Bioware's office used to right above Whyte, where is it now?