So, what is YOUR game series of choice?

SomeCrazyGuy

1.) What is your favorite game series? Legend of Zelda

2.) What is the game series you are best at? Mario Bros.

3.) What game from your favorite game series is your favorite? Ocarina of Time

4.) What games in your favorite series do you OWN (Rentals and Past Ownership don't count, though you can include Past Ownership if you note those). Almost all of them (the good ones at least)

5.) WHY is your favorite game series your favorite, and why would you suggest others to look into it? Superb visuals, music, art direction, story, atmosphere, gameplay, and puzzles. I also particularly like the incredible attention to detail each game has.

Adding in a question here...

6.) What game series do you wish you could be better at? Streetfighter

Also, to add to that:

If it has to do with flight, I have a lot to do with it.

If it involves racing... I'll have a bit too much to do with it.

If it's an RPG, well, I might be spending quite some time on it.

Shooters and puzzles are loved not only by me, but my parents as well.

not far from me too.

I enjoy racing game too especially street racing and downhill/uphill racing (i found racing in a regular track a bit annoying)

I like also RPG those are my first game genre i own and play.

Shooter and plate form game on the opposite i don't like at all.

FPS and RTS replace those :) in fact i like to have the time to think when i play.

I don't have favorites because I don't play favorites. I like good games, period. I try not to have any bias about unknown games just because it doesn't have a franchise label on them. I try to get into the games that are typically overlooked. I also try not to get the whole console war mess into it. All that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the actual development of a game.

But if I'm a 'fan' of anything from the stuff I own, I have bought at least 5 different copies and editions of FF7, three versions of FF6 and four Chrono Trigger copies (don't ask why. Some just went missing).

To be broad, I like just about all genres. Even some EA/2K sports games once in a blue moon. But if there is a particular genre I love which I think is overlooked nowadays, is the puzzle genre. Intelligent Qube is criminally overlooked.

And someone mentioned Earthworm Jim, and I absolutely am/was a fan. I wish it turned into a proper series because it's basically some of the best 2D platforming ever made, period.

1.) What is your favorite game series?

Resident Evil and Castlevania

2.) What is the game series you are best at?

Probably the Mario series

3.) What game from your favorite game series is your favorite?

Resident Evil 2 and Symphony of the Night/Portrait of Ruin

4.) What games in your favorite series do you OWN

Resident Evil 0 (GC)

Resident Evil Director's Cut (PSX)

Resident Evil (GC)

Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS)

Resident Evil 2 (PSX)

Resident Evil 2 (N64)

Resident Evil 2 (GC)

Resident Evil Survivor (PSX)

Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2)

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (GC)

Resident Evil Code Veronica (DC)

Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS2)

Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

Castlevania (NES)

Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse (NES)

Castlevania Chronicles (PSX)

Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSX)

Castlevania 64 (N64)

Castlevania Circle of the Moon (PSX)

Castlevania Lament of Innocence (PS2)

Castlevania Curse of Darkness (PS2)

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (DS)

5.) WHY is your favorite game series your favorite, and why would you suggest others to look into it?

I've always been a fan of anything relating to the zombie genre (movies, games, etc.) and Resident Evil does more than satisfy my tastes. I picked up the Resident Evil archives book when it was released and read it in one sitting because I'm actually very interested in reading how the various viruses in the games develop and evolve. So I guess it's mainly just the game's setting and biological mumbo jumbo that keep me hooked. That, and Barry Burton is a badass.

As for Castlevania, it's simple. I'm a big side scrolling person and Castlevania has gone from being a simple, get to the end of the level side scroller to one that eventually took in some RPG elements which I always enjoy. And even it's 3D incarnations (while most will probably disagree) have been solid platformers to help add to the series' interesting timeline of events.

HALO OMFG

Splinter Cell

Halo 1 (Haven't played the others yet)

4.) What games in your favorite series do you OWN (Rentals and Past Ownership don't count, though you can include Past Ownership if you note those).

Halo 1

5.) WHY is your favorite game series your favorite, and why would you suggest others to look into it?

It's got an awesome Soundtrack, an awesome story, awesome graphics, awesome novels, awesome everything. It just rocks.

But I really suggest picking the soundtrack up. IT's really interesting. I got mine from Amazon.de as a UK import.

not far from me too.

I enjoy racing game too especially street racing and downhill/uphill racing (i found racing in a regular track a bit annoying)

I like also RPG those are my first game genre i own and play.

FPS and RTS replace those :) in fact i like to have the time to think when i play.

I gotcha. Games like Gran Turismo bores as well as annoys the living shit out of you. You're not the only one. There's a reason why I have a copy of GT3 unopened and sitting on my shelf. :lol: Great game, it truly is, but not for me.

You're yet another living testament for why I feel bad that I haven't sold my soul to WoW yet. I absolutely love strategy games, especially the small group that fall under SRPG's like Tactics Ogre and Luminous Arc, but nothing like a good game (and many hours of laughs) of Command and Conquer will make my week as smooth as possible.

So in short, here-here. :-D

I don't have favorites because I don't play favorites. I like good games, period. I try not to have any bias about unknown games just because it doesn't have a franchise label on them. I try to get into the games that are typically overlooked. I also try not to get the whole console war mess into it. All that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the actual development of a game.

That is usually what I think as well, since it seems to be the major flaw of the idea of trying to find a favorite series, since there is usually a noticable few games in a series that even hardcore fans have a hard time accepting. It is best to look for games based on quality, and since it is too hard to trust in the biased ratings often given to series games, look for quality games outside a series... Though, and this is why I started this topic, sometimes people like so many games in a series that they can't help but find loyalties to that series, or to be so good that they can help denying their talents.

So when I say that the Harvest Moon series is my favorite, that isn't to say that I don't abhore A Wonderful Life, or will play only Harvest Moon games, it's just the series I've come to like most of all... I try finding good games, but always keeping in mind that 'obscure' doesn't always mean 'good'.

Castlevania/Street Fighter.

Street Fighter.

I'll have to go for Lament of Innocence/Third Strike

4.) What games in your favorite series do you OWN (Rentals and Past Ownership don't count, though you can include Past Ownership if you note those).

Castlevania 1

Castlevania 2

Castlevania 4

Castlevania Vampire's Kiss

Castlevania 64

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Castlevania Circle of the Moon

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania Lament of Innocence

Castlevania Curse of Darkness

Street Fighter 2 (GB)

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Dreamcast)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (GBA)

Street Fighter Third Strike

Castlevania because of it's storytelling. It's rich fantasy world, it's array of european mythological monsters, and an atmosphere to die for thanks to the visuals and score.

Street Fighter because of it's appeal; characters, enviroments, gameplay, and signature words, moves, etc. Let's not forget it's endless replay value. (It's still a game).

A tie between Final Fantasy and Megaman. Special mention to the Flying Warriors (Hiryu No Ken) series by Culture Brain.

Donkey Kong Country and Castlevania (2d)

Final Fantasy VI, and Megaman 3 (the "revenge" levels were amazing).

I own Final Fantasy 1, 3 (on NES!), 3DS, 5-10, 10-2 (not as bad as everyone says), and 12

I own Megaman 1-6, X4-X6, X8, Battle Network 2, 3, and 6, Starforce Dragon.

And I own Flying Dragon, Flying Warriors, and Hiryu no Ken 3 (the sequel to Flying Warriors, Famicom only).

Final Fantasy because I didn't play Dragon Warrior instead (joking). Really though, it's the first long-scale RPG I played, and I just stuck with it.

8-bit Megaman will always be the pinnacle of side-scrolling action for me, for countless reasons. The music is amazing.

Flying Warriors (and Little Ninja Brothers) by Culture Brain is a gem of an NES game. Completely unique gameplay that everyone should try once.

6.) What game series do you wish you were better at?

Tekken -- I suck horribly, despite the fact that I can hold my own in Soul Calibur.

Tough choice. I guess I'll have to go with Half-Life in the end if I get to include official mods and spinoffs.

Either the Half-Life games and mods (I've been next to godly in each one at one point or another), or the Turok series. I was nigh unbeatable in Turok 2 as I could headshot anyone with the crossbow before they could react.

Probably Half-Life 2, though if it were longer, Portal would probably take it.

HL, HL2, Episode 1, Episode 2, CS, DOD, TFC, CS:S, DOD:S, Deathmatch Classic, HL2: Deathmatch, HL: Opposing Force, HL: Blue Shift, HL2: Lost Coast, Ricochet, and Portal. Almost every Valve game made.

I shouldn't have to say anything for this one, but the Valve catalog is filled with the most original and unique FPS games ever made. The redefined the genre with HL, did it again with HL2, and continue to do it with games like Portal. Anyone who hasn't played their games can't call themselves an FPS fan.