OCR00835 - Super Mario RPG "Bobble Head Inspiration"

Disco Dan

Super Mario RPG 'Bobble Head Inspiration'

Ok, this remix really didn't strike me as "WOW! GREAT STUFF!" Actually, it kind of slipped by in the playlist... and it was the only song in the playlist. I like the original, I like the style in which this remix was attempted, as I probably would have done the same, but I feel the choice of instruments are fairly... unbalanced. Some of those pads just don't feel right to me at all. And it has little to do with sound quality. The other aspect that kills it for me is the weakness of the drums in this piece. This style really should have a stronger drum line. Honestly, I felt this was also a bit dumbed down from the original, as far as the progression, and the original melody are concerned. I mean, at least it's not a direct copy of the original, but still, I think there are good and bad alterations and I'm sorry, but I don't feel this is a good one. Anyway, this one is a let down for me. Others will probably enjoy.

DC

I think the concept is a fairly good one, however, i don't feel that the synergy between the different samples is very good. The weird synth that starts off the song is overpowering. Also, i do agree that it certaintly needs more drum work to it, it just sounds too weak

It needs drums.At least some form of precussion.It sounds alittle novince grade which I mean in the best way posible....the sounds do anyway.Looking at the kbps its great sound quality,but the tones are somehow...I dont know what.Also its alittle too light hearted for its own damn good.Aside from that the way he brings it all together is great.Overall a good attempt but kind of falls flat on its face in the precussion section

Not too shabby... sounds kind of old skool, like old Talla 2xlc/Taucher work, but the drums definitely lack punch. And that's a major downside from my perspective (just look at my frickin' name), so this mix is only decent... There are definitely some improvements that could have been made. I'm not too sure about the uber-thick reverb on the 303 bass, but that's more of an artistic choice, I believe. Pretty good arrangement, although it seems to drag on at times...

I don't usually like to just pluck things from others' reviews, but I have to agree completely on both the lack of drums and overdone distortion. Besides that it was a good remix. I like the upbeatedness(eh) of it for the most part, although, if anything upbeat really can (unless it gets annoying, which this didn't), it dragged on a little at points. Overall I'd have to say I liked it, but it could use just a few touch-ups.

heh when i got this i didnt know what it would sound like but when i poped it into my winamp and played it...gods it brought me right back to the game. the music was funny and rather whimsacual. it had as the title said a slight head bobbing tune to it which mad it even funnier then what it plays as in the game. bravo good job on the remix

• 3 months later...

What we have here is VERY nice mix... the instruments are well chosen (although the synth can start to get a bit annoying), the song is well put together, and it has great roots! :) It ends at a good time - right when it's about to feel repetitive. And its end is great - I love the slow down into the one final chord. I'm still waiting for the day the SMRPG mixes are coming up on CT.... but till then I have these six! ;) ;)

Fun...makes you bob your head! Sad pun intended...um.... yeah. 8/10.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Some reason, the name of this song kinda caught my attentin, so I decided to give it a listen.

Nice upbeat little tune we got here. Seems a tad bit repetative more towards the end of the song. Prolly won't have it on my play list for as long as, lets say 'Gemini Salsa', but all the same it's something for me to enjoy for now. :)

• 4 months later...

I actually really like this song alot. I think the contrast of the sounds of the instruments makes it very interesting, and I really like the sound of the main melody. This is one of the songs in my playlist I never get bored of and stop for when going track by track at random, looking for something good to listen to. Good stuff!

I give it an 8/10

• 3 months later...

As soon as I heard the first measure or two from this song, I turned from my computer, took out Killer Instinct (one of my all-time favorites), popped Super Mario RPG into my SNES, and had a major rush of nostalgia. I've probably gone through Mario RPG at least 15 times, but I had to do it again after hearing this Remix. It's great, thanks! A touch repetitive, but still great.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00835 - Super Mario RPG "Bobble Head Inspiration"