PRC105: We Begin Again... in the Lylat System? (Star Fox Command)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 105

PRCv5-1

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

And here's an extended welcome of course, to PRC's fifth year in business. We've seen so many changes over the past 48 months it's amazing, I give you all that now. I'm sure we'll see some fresh and involving advancements coming as we go through yet another season of the competition, and to be frank, we already have something fresh lined up in terms of remix material.

But before we get to it, let's recap PRC103 - we had some Mario Kart GBA material to tackle. Pretty ordinary, huh? What we weren't expecting though was DZComposer having a stab at the contest, and though it was his first time, this veteran OCRemixer came to the top with some nice marching band work.

And now, we go onto PRC105's source tune. Given that both of his OCR submissions are from this exact same series there's no surprise there, but what IS kind of amazing though is that this is PRC's first ever Nintendo DS source tune!

prc105.jpg

At first I didn't want to pick a piece from the Star Fox series, but upon thought, I am curious as to what people can do with Amanda's Theme from Star Fox Command on the DS. Composer is Hajime Wakai.

Since I'm not sure how many PRC's I'll enter, much less win, I think I'll go ahead and give this one.

Star Fox Command - Amanda's Theme

MIDI | MP3

Man, this brings back memories of the wait of getting that title, and other things in life leaving there to be a six-week delay between purchasing it and actually playing it for the first time. I feel kinda sheepish o_O but anyway...

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your image to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SUNDAY, October 21st at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. The winner of PRC103 isn't allowed to take part, but their votes will be doubled.
  6. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  7. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

OD, THAT'S why I worked on the MIDI for this one as I knew some people could have some trouble with that. Oh well...

anyway, we got enough for a voting stage. Sorry if I wasn't there 4 hours ago; seems as if my net connection this morning was all fried up. But enough about that:-

It's time to cast your vote. On the ThaSauce competition page (see the first post for the link), you select your choice between the two entries and make a reasoning on it. The contestants don't need to vote this time around as their votes will not make a difference to the final tabulation. The winner of PRC103 (DZComposer) has a vote that counts twice.

You have until Friday, October 26th at 4:59AM EST to cast your decision. The winner gets to choose the source tune for PRC106!

Chickenwarlord - I'm Amanda's Ex

Nutritious - To Those Who Fly

Bah, that didn't do the PRC any favors >.> Oh well...

Whichever happens, who escaped from Aquas alive? And who was left to sink with the rest of Slippy Toad's dignity?

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 5

Highest possible score - 10 (weak!)

The winner for PRC105 is Nutritious with 9 points!

Well done again, amigo. It was a short turnout but you managed to pull through to make the PRC all worthwhile. You know the drill when it comes to picking the source tune - you send me a PM with your choice and I'll have it up when I receive it. I expect you to have it ready by 12 noon EST tomorrow though.

So, this may not have been the best of starts to the new PRC season, but I'm sure something will perk up. I'll see you all next time.